FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask David and Farrar: Technical Questions and Advice About Carbureting a DeLorean

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Why are you publishing someone's email address in a public forum and attacking Farrar?
    Seriously, this.

You seem like a pretty tremendous douche, Earl. If you want to be a respectful member of the community and participate in discussion in a reasonable manner, then you're absolutely welcome. If you're just interested in puffing up your chest, talking down to people, and being an overall tool, please save everyone the trouble and just go ahead and leave.

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    [Insert Steve saying "Farrar sucks" here.]
    Ron Sucks.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Ron Sucks.
    Hey, you missed your mark there.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Banned

Why are you publishing someone's email address in a public forum and attacking Farrar?

I'm certain I did no more than give back what was being dished out.

BTW.... I've read enough of Bill's ramblings about the trite and common motocraft carb conversion to be bored to tears.

My VIN:    11596

Quote Originally Posted by EarlHickey View Post

BTW.... I've read enough of Bill's ramblings about the trite and common motocraft carb conversion to be bored to tears.
    Then it's probably time for you to saddle up and go make your super PRV all by your lonesome self. Send pics when it's done.
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

What's your email address?

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Join the club! -- Ironically, he probably has the info you want in his head.

The bore, engine serial and part numbers, designations, are all in the first link I gave you??
    I would call a vendor (?DPI?) for the port size specs...I bet they want to tell you!...lol
    (ie You may very well want to use their set and spend the time and effort replacing the input shaft on the auto box... ;-)

Oops- I meant to give you this link along with the other one:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13720563/DeL...on2-Hybrid.pdf
    Both links (and much more) are HERE in the Resources Section.

The search here sux. Save the following "shortcut" to your favorites.
    (You will get much better results and probably stir up the natives less )
    http://www.google.com/advanced_searc...k.org&hl=en&lr=

========

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Hey, you missed your mark there.
    Um...thanks, Ol' buddy??

========

Carbs SUCK...K-Jet BLOWS
    Last edited by Ron; 05-05-2012 at 10:45 AM.

Head over to the forum on www.renaultalpine.co.uk and seek out a member called Martin Faulks, he's a regular and definitely speaks your language and has a lot more experience with PRV tunign than the DeLorean crowd (me, I like forced induction and EFI).

I must admit to being surprised that despite having all that literature, you had to ask on the forum what the cylinder bore is... 91mm FYI.

Just so you learn something from this, IR for this engine, with it's very soft camshaft and port tuning that takes advantage of the very long rod:stroke ratio while avoiding beating the shit out of the air plate and regulator, will perform very well with uncharacteristically small bores, especially with an intelligently designed header having appropriately sized primaries and an effective collector.

I'll even be kind and share some of the numbers.....
    Last edited by DCUK Martin; 05-05-2012 at 02:08 PM.
    Martin Gutkowski
    -------------
    Very part time DeLoreaner...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DCUK Martin View Post
    Head over to the forum on www.renaultalpine.co.uk and seek out a member called Martin Faulks, he's a regular and definitely speaks your language and has a lot more experience with PRV tunign than the DeLorean crowd (me, I like forced induction and EFI).

I must admit to being surprised that despite having all that literature, you had to ask on the forum what the cylinder bore is... 91mm FYI.

Thanks, I certainly did not ask any basic internal geometry other than rod length, inexplicably not disclosed in the factory manual with it's wonderful line drawings which appear, in several places, to have been scaled by an artist whose hair was on fire, and I also asked port sizes and volumes.

I do find it curious that they appear to differ from left bank to right and that the cam timing does as well. Do you have any explanation or theory for this?

Do you know if the factory tuned runners' lengths also differ accordingly?

I'm with you on force feeding and I'm not even opposed to it if done simply via adiabatic and inertial means. I also like sophisticated EFI as it works very well, I just prefer my own rides be dependent on as few electrons as possible.

Too many years of fooling with high end cars having more miles of harness than fighter jets for me to go out of my way to add more.

Banned

Oh, I see I may not have been clear enough when stating my throttle body has 48mm butterflies and then asked for stock <throttle body> bores.....

I'm reasonably sure my throttle body, with 48mm bores and butterflies, is stock.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast