FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: DCF Event: 2012 Celebration Exotic Car Festival April 14-15, 2012

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

Greetings everyone!

I wanted to update you all on a small change in the Tech Day schedule:

For lunch, we will be caravanning to 4 Rivers Smokehouse for the best BBQ in Orlando!

Menu information can be found here.

For those of you who haven't yet indulged in this place, you are in for some damn awesome food. I have changed the first post in the thread to reflect this change.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    * 5945 * Oct, 31, 1981. FranKenDeLorean

I won't be able to make the dinner or tech session, but looking forward to seeing everyone at the show. Last time I went was in 2007, so it will be fun to catch up with everyone!

--Randy

** A wave is like an empty canvas, waiting for a masterpiece -- unknown **
    ** VIN 5945 - FranKenDeLorean Oct 31, 1981 ** SpaceCoast, FL, USA ** DMCTalk Member/DMCOwner Since 2005

Put me down for myself and Megan for Saturday. And me for Sunday.

I live in winter garden and have a good assortment of tools,a jack, stands. Etc. let me know what you need and I'll bring
    Former Owner : 4875

I think have my torsion bar jig to Brandon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    I think have my torsion bar jig to Brandon.
    Yep, I'll be bringing it on Sunday.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

Good news everybody, I'll be able to make it to the car show with Megan. We'll come hang out with everyone.

My VIN:    1150

Just booked the hotel room for Saturday night, have a second bed and looking for anyone else who'd like to share the room. Travelodge by intersection of 192 & Poinciana, cheap but adequate with breakfast & wifi free. Drop me a note if interested...

My VIN:    3004

First off, Hellz yeah to 4R! If you haven't tried it yet, you're in for a treat.

I talked to the wife again about Saturday's dinner and she actually brought up a good point. If the show ends at 4pm, why is the dinner at 7pm? I understand if some people wanna go back to their house or hotel to freshen up, but for me it takes about an hour to drive to Cel. so it seems pointless to go home and come back. The alternative leaves me sitting around for almost 3 hours. Throw a kid into the mix, and I can understand why she wasn't interested. If we did an earlier dinner @5 I'm pretty sure I could get my family on board, but please don't change the plans just for me.

At the tech I've got 2 possible projects. I have new rotors for the front that I would like to work on. I ended up not having a 36'er to take the wheel bolt off and so I've held off on this one. The other project are my doors. I replaced all my struts and my doors still don't go up all the way(that's what she said). If the jig is making a cameo maybe I should get my doors adjusted, although I've had my doors done before. I'll have to have you guys look at them at the show and tell me if it's worth it. I'm not suggesting I do both projects, and the rotors includes bleeding the brakes after everything is put back together.

Originally the intent was for everyone not to have to rush right out after the show, and to allow time for people to relax/shower/change/freshen up if they wanted to. I know that at past shows it has been balls-hot out and by the end of the day everyone is sweaty and miserable.

Considering some people live further out than others, it's understandable that the time frame might not be practical.

If everyone would rather just go eat right after the show, I'm sure it won't be a problem. We'll see what everyone wants to do after the show.

As for the projects, the doors are going to be an easy one. The brakes might be a challenge. On every car I have worked on, the front bearings have fallen apart when pulling the assembly off the spindle. If your bearings are newer, it might not be a problem. Your call, but I would hate for you not to be able to drive home. If you are unsure, you could always order a set of front hubs from Hervey w/expedited shipping so they are here by the weekend.
    Last edited by Morpheus; 04-09-2012 at 04:38 PM.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    6654

Cindy and I would be interested in meeting at 4:00 or so. We're staying at Disney's Animal Kingdom and I'll tell you what's going to happen. We would get to the room AC Shower, then we'ed be done.

So I rather do something right after the show.
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast