FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: DCF Event: 2012 Celebration Exotic Car Festival April 14-15, 2012

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

Exclamation DCF Event: 2012 Celebration Exotic Car Festival April 14-15, 2012

It's that time again! Time to clean up your cars, shine those tires, and open those wallets for a great cause!

The Celebration Exotic Car Festival has become an anticipated yearly event for the Florida DeLorean community, as we tend do have a great showing and a great time which benefits the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Don't have a DeLorean? Dont worry! Come on out and experience millions of dollars of exotic supercars, including offerings from Bugatti, McLaren, Lamborghini, as well as an atmosphere that is truly unique to the town of Celebration. We would also like to extend a hearty invitation to any other delorean enthsiasts or owners from out of the area which may be able to make the trip.

The actual car show is Saturday, April 14, 2012. However the Festival has activities scheduled for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Please check the show website for details of the other dates.

www.celebrationexoticcars.com

CELEBRATION EXOTIC CAR SHOW 2012 WEEKEND

April 14th - Saturday Car Show, 8:30am to 4:00pm Sponsored by: DeLorean Motor Company Florida!!

Join us for the 2012 Celebration Exotic Car Show to benefit various charities such as the Make A Wish Foundation, Special Olympics, and Arnold Palmer Children's Hospital!

The show kicks off Saturday morning on Main Street in Celebration, FL. Cars begin to arrive at 8:30am. Registration for the show is $50.
    Registration is now open at www.celebrationexoticcars.com.
    Please register ASAP as space is limited and we came close to reaching that limit last year.

With several new owners in the area and participating this year, we are sure to max out our spaces this year. The Celebration show is without a doubt the largest annual DeLorean show gathering, with 19 owners participating in 2011. The show is hosted by a fellow owner, Jeff Ippoloti.

As a special treat, Tony has graciously offered to pay for HALF the entry fee for the first 10 people to register! That's right!! Once again, the first ten participants to register will receive $25.00 from Tony the day of the show!

Don't forget, you can also call the shop at 239-495-8550 to pre-order your parts for any upcoming jobs!

In addition to the "official" show happenings, DCF will be hosting the following events:

DCF Celebration Post-Show Dinner: Saturday, April 14th, 2012 @ approximately 7PM - ????

For those of us who can't easily afford $125 pp for dinner following the show, we have arranged to have dinner at an authentic Irish Pub & Restaurant!

Laura and I went there to check it out, and were impressed immediately. They have many beers on tap, an outdoor concert area, and live Irish music inside. The menu is rather large, and offers traditional Irish cuisine as well as burgers and such. There is literally something for everyone here, and all ages are welcome. The owners will be reserving "DeLorean only" parking right up front for our group that night, so please post in this thread if you intend to come. This promises to be a fun night for all who attend!

Hagan O'Reillys Irish Pub and Restaurant
    16112 Marsh Road, Suite 401
    Winter Garden, Florida 34787
    (407) 905-IPUB (4782)

http://www.haganoreillys.com/

Here are directions to Hagan O'Reillys from Celebration:
    Directions
    DCF Post-Celebration Tech Day / Cookout: Sunday, April 15, 2012 10AM-4PM

On Sunday, Laura and I will host a get together the likes of which haven't been seen in several years...

That's right, my friends... we're kicking it old school. This year, we will all meet at:

Momma Shelton's House
    1380 Windermere Rd.
    Winter Garden, FL 34787

Map location of:
    Momma Shelton's House

For those of you who have taken part in years past, you know that some of our best and most attended events happened there. So, what better place to get 2012 started than where it all began? There's plenty of parking, a covered carport area, and a bevy of collective DMC expertise to assist you!

For lunch, we will be caravanning to 4 Rivers Smokehouse for the best BBQ in Orlando!

Menu information can be found here.

Bring your extra chairs, your DeLoreans, and any tools you may need to tackle the small jobs you want to get done to your car. Keep in mind, I no longer live @ this address so my tools won't be available for you to borrow.

Also, be sure to only attempt smallish jobs that can be done in a few hours, as we will need to wrap this up @ 4PM SHARP.

As always, if you have any questions or comments please post them below.

More to come, stay tuned for details!

Attendees for Celebration Car Show:
    Brandon & Laura S. w/car parts in pockets
    Derek & Jen G. w/car (registered)
    Robert G. w/car (registered)
    Mikey C. w/car (registered)
    Randy w/car (registered)
    John C. w/car (registered)
    Dan H. w/car (registered)
    Lenny w/car (registered)
    Randy w/car (registered)

Attendees for Saturday Night Dinner:
    Brandon & Laura S.
    Derek & Jen G.
    Robert G.
    Mikey C.
    Dan H.
    Joe G. & Megan

Attendees for Sunday Tech Day / BBQ Caravan:
    Brandon & Laura S.
    Derek & Jen G.
    Robert G.
    Mikey C.
    John C.
    Dan H.
    Joe G.
    Last edited by Morpheus; 04-07-2012 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Updated attendee list.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

Only A Gibson Is Good Enough DeLorean937's Avatar

My VIN:    5712 - Ace Frehley's DMC

Super awesome cowboy. I'm in! Just got the days approved off from work.

-Robert

It should be a lot of fun, I'm looking forward to it.

I must say that the response so far is overwhelming...
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    3004

I responded to the other thread; http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?30...Celebration-FL Maybe we should lock one of these threads down to consolidate.

Hey John,

Are you sure that you and the family wouldn't be interested in dinner this time? We picked this place specifically because it is family friendly; we thought that the main reason we didn't have much dinner participation in the past was due to our less family friendly restaurant selections.

This time we are trying to appeal to everyone's needs, and I think we found a place that really has something for everyone.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

I am trying to get the weekend off, we shall see.

I can definitely hit the tech session on Sunday. Can anyone bring a torsion bar jig? I'd like to shift my driver's side door forward a tad and I lack the tools and experience to do it safely.

And as far as the tech session, what should I bring? (besides #3416)
    Aka Adam S, aka Adam Wright
    1981 DMC-12 #3416, mothballed in preparation for motor swap
    2006 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    1150

I'm in, just paid the registration fee & am praying that I made Tony's cut for the first ten rebate. I want to also stay over for the Sunday cookout/tech day but ca$h is incredibly tight right now and am not sure if I can swing a hotel room too. Any chance of grabbing a spot on someone's local area sofa on Saturday night after the Irish pub? Failing that, anyone want to go splits with me on a cheapo motel room instead?...

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralSenn View Post
    I am trying to get the weekend off, we shall see.

I can definitely hit the tech session on Sunday. Can anyone bring a torsion bar jig? I'd like to shift my driver's side door forward a tad and I lack the tools and experience to do it safely.

And as far as the tech session, what should I bring? (besides #3416)
    I can bring the torsion bar jig and breaker bar, but that won't move your door forward. To do that, you're talking about adjusting hinges. I haven't ventured down that road before, so I won't be of much assistance as far as advice.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

Quote Originally Posted by whocruiser View Post
    I'm in, just paid the registration fee & am praying that I made Tony's cut for the first ten rebate. I want to also stay over for the Sunday cookout/tech day but ca$h is incredibly tight right now and am not sure if I can swing a hotel room too. Any chance of grabbing a spot on someone's local area sofa on Saturday night after the Irish pub? Failing that, anyone want to go splits with me on a cheapo motel room instead?...
    It will be good to see you again, Dan!

Laura and I have already claimed mom's couch, but hopefully someone else will chime in and offer you a place.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

Only A Gibson Is Good Enough DeLorean937's Avatar

My VIN:    5712 - Ace Frehley's DMC

Just registered and paid!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast