FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: DCF Event: 2012 Celebration Exotic Car Festival April 14-15, 2012

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

Prepping your car for Celebration

I found this and don't remember who sent it to me last year.

Prepping your car for Celebration

• Wash your car. Preferably wash your vehicle the evening before or the morning of Celebration. Make sure there are no water spots, streak marks, etc. Pay attention to areas like the wheel wells, rims, tires, glass, front bumpers. If you are traveling a long distance, make sure to remove any road debris or insects.
    • Detail your vehicle. This should be done prior to arriving at the show. You are permitted to detail your car up to the arrival of the judges for judging. Pay attention again to areas like glass, finger prints, etc. Shine up your stainless.
    • Trash removal- Remove items such as drink cups, fast food bags, napkins, etc… from your show car. If your doors are up, please have a clean passenger compartment.
    • Personal Items, trunk space, etc… - Please leave excessive items at home, or in your hotel room. Do not empty out your trunk and store the items behind or under your car at the car show. We need our area to look as neat and uniform as possible. If you do not need it at the car show, please don’t bring it! If you MUST leave items in your trunk, please do NOT display your trunk! Keep it closed! If you have items in your passenger compartment, please show your car with the doors DOWN. These areas are also going to be judged, so be aware!
    • Personal Displays, signs, etc. are not encouraged. We know there is a lot of memorabilia out for the DeLorean, but again we are striving to appear to be uniform. Giant display boards, etc. may be full of great information, but can distract from the show area.

Judging: What do the judges look at??

Judging criteria: What areas are going to be looked at?
    Basically, your whole car is going to be looked at. We will be normally checking:
    1. Body grain- is it straight? Any off patterns?
    2. Body panels- dents?
    3. Door struts and torsion bars- do the doors open properly?
    4. Door alignment- do the doors close properly?
    5. Power windows- functioning?
    6. Electrical systems/lighting system check: do your headlights (all 4), turn signals, hazards, parking lamps, tail lamps, reverse lights all work? Door marker lights work? (NOTE: These do NOT have to be on during the entire show!! This is just a quick functionality check)
    7. Windshield, side mirrors- any cracks?
    8. Horn operation- does it go beep beep, or does it go meep meep?
    9. Engine- we will ask you to start your car to hear how it idles/starts. Any smoking?
    10. Engine compartment- louvers and engine cover- do they stay up on their own?
    11. Frame condition/exterior trim- is your frame showing excessive corrosion? Is the body trim in good condition?
    12. Wheels and tires- How is the finish on your rims? Any paint peeling? Condition of center caps/center caps present?
    13. Fascia’s- painted the proper color? Excessive eyebrows/ condition of paint
    14. Trunk- condition of fiberglass, condition of the carpet. Decals? (Metal decals are ok!)
    15. Tool kit/manuals- Do you have them? This is just a verbal verification, as it is challenging to get to the tool kit sometimes.
    16. Interior:
    a. Seats- condition? Tears?
    b. Carpet- Condition? Rips/discolorations/worn spots?
    c. Center console- all switches present? Clock- is it present and operational? (not sure if we can deduct for this because they are hard to get)
    d. Dashboard and binnacle- Any discoloration? Cracks? Canyons? Etc…
    e. Headliners- Sagging, drooping, tears, discolorations?
    f. Condition of door seals
    g. Aftermarket head units ok. Overblown speaker boxes are a deduction.
    h. Steering wheel/ knee pad conditions
    i. AC Panel
    j. Door Straps/Door panels
    17. . Miscellaneous: Any loose trim? Loose items, etc…
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

My VIN:    * 5945 * Oct, 31, 1981. FranKenDeLorean

Had a great time all! Was fun to see everyone after so many years. DCF owners are such a nice group of folks, thanks for making it even more enjoyable!

Great looking cars everyone! I was impressed!

Also a shout out to DMCFL for their support!
    ** A wave is like an empty canvas, waiting for a masterpiece -- unknown **
    ** VIN 5945 - FranKenDeLorean Oct 31, 1981 ** SpaceCoast, FL, USA ** DMCTalk Member/DMCOwner Since 2005

The tech day was fun too, even though I missed the first part. I have been introduced to Chipotle and will never be the same again.
    Aka Adam S, aka Adam Wright
    1981 DMC-12 #3416, mothballed in preparation for motor swap
    2006 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    1150

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralSenn View Post
    I have been introduced to Chipotle and will never be the same again.
    They are indeed delicious, but I still say that Moe's is better

I do prefer moes but chipotle is good. Next time, smoked brisket and deep field Oreos. Plus froyo
    Former Owner : 4875

My VIN:    6654

I talked to a photographer from a local newspaper. I think it was called Osceola something or other. he was taking photos of our cars and really liked Deloreans.

Anyway does anyone know if there was anything in the paper about us?
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

I want to thank everyone for their participation this weekend! This year's show was an absolute success, and with the exception of Four Rivers being closed on Sunday (seriously, WTF?), a good time was had by all.

Stay tuned for more DCF goodness!
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

Learned a very valuable lesson Sunday.... Chipotle burrito bowl right before a 3.5 hour drive REALLY isn't recommended!!!
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

Speak for yourself! I had no ill effects except a happy stomach.
    Aka Adam S, aka Adam Wright
    1981 DMC-12 #3416, mothballed in preparation for motor swap
    2006 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    Formerly 10084

Moe's taste like foot. Enough said on the burrito topic!

Nice hanging out with everyone this weekend, and meeting some new faces!

Adam - I ended up picking up one of those cadillac boxes after we talked at the tech day. Found the old thread on here to wire it up. Thanks for the info!
    -Derek

http://www.deloreanreborn.com
    http://www.deloreanclubfl.com - Florida's home for DeLorean owners and enthusiasts!

Tesla Model S 2013 P85+ | Grey Metallic | Black Performance Interior | Pano | Carbon Fiber Decor | Dual Chargers | Tech Package | Smart Air Suspension | Ultra High Fidelity Sound | Rear Facing Seats --- Added: CF Spoiler | Front Camera Kit | Yacht Floor

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast