FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: DeLoreans In The Wild! Post your pics here

Looks like I have finally found a DeLorean in the wild after maybe close to two years. I didn't get a picture of it. For some odd reason, when I saw it, my heart didn't freak out like it normally does when I spot one. I guess that is because I've been getting my hefty dose for DeLoreans at the Coffee and Cars event (this month there was seven). However, this DeLorean I saw today was none of those.

I was driving down on the Westheimer Parkway with my dad to the Mann Eye Institute to have my eyes examined (and later today I am going to have my Lasiks surgery. I'm excited!). Then before the light out in the middle of nowhere on the Parkway, I saw a DeLorean. I had to stop for the light and the DeLorean turned left on my side, but fortunately, the light didn't last long and I was able to catch up to it. Since my dad was with me, he was curious about what kind of engine it has, since to him it didn't sound very loud and powerful. While he was talking about the small history of the technology of V6's during the 70's and the 80's after I told him, I was able to stick behind the DeLorean until we had to to turn right on Fry road. I was able to see its license plate when I got closer though.

So, maybe any of the Houstonians might enlighten me if they've seen this car or someone that comes here owns it. It had a thick racing stripe on it, the license plate was from Washington, not Texas, and I believe it said "BAKNTYM".

I was happy to see this car. That brightened up my morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    Looks like I have finally found a DeLorean in the wild after maybe close to two years. I didn't get a picture of it. For some odd reason, when I saw it, my heart didn't freak out like it normally does when I spot one. I guess that is because I've been getting my hefty dose for DeLoreans at the Coffee and Cars event (this month there was seven). However, this DeLorean I saw today was none of those.

I was driving down on the Westheimer Parkway with my dad to the Mann Eye Institute to have my eyes examined (and later today I am going to have my Lasiks surgery. I'm excited!). Then before the light out in the middle of nowhere on the Parkway, I saw a DeLorean. I had to stop for the light and the DeLorean turned left on my side, but fortunately, the light didn't last long and I was able to catch up to it. Since my dad was with me, he was curious about what kind of engine it has, since to him it didn't sound very loud and powerful. While he was talking about the small history of the technology of V6's during the 70's and the 80's after I told him, I was able to stick behind the DeLorean until we had to to turn right on Fry road. I was able to see its license plate when I got closer though.

So, maybe any of the Houstonians might enlighten me if they've seen this car or someone that comes here owns it. It had a thick racing stripe on it, the license plate was from Washington, not Texas, and I believe it said "BAKNTYM".

I was happy to see this car. That brightened up my morning.
    You really need to get acquainted with Chris B.
    1-800-273-8255

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    You really need to get acquainted with Chris B.
    Was that whose car I spotted? Ha!

My VIN:    3045

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Knoxville View Post
    WOW....lol
    Does it have a flux capacitor?
    Does it run on 1.21 Giggawatts?
    Have you been chased by terrorist?

No but I have been chased by ladies because it’s a chick magnet!

My VIN:    4870

Not sure that counts... uhh wow.

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    Was that whose car I spotted? Ha!
    Nope.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    1710

This DeLorean was at Barton Springs here in Austin every day this past summer. I guess the owner was either working or volunteering there. Never got the car's VIN due to the sun shade.

309731_2321991285653_623332819_n.jpg

That just reminded me of the Inspector Gadget cartoons. His car transformed into either a van or a fast car, and until someone here mentioned it, I didn't realize the fast car resembled a DeLorean so closely.

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Got these photos from my sister who works at O'Hare Airport for United Airlines.

Photos taken at a parking lot near O'Hare this past weekend.

Checked the number with our local D club list - not a member.

D-in-lot-near-ohare.JPG

D-4-sale-sign.jpg

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast