FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: DeLoreans In The Wild! Post your pics here

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

That's a shame that the owner wasn't to chatty with you, but as Delorean 03 pointed out he was probably a owner from way back when.

The owner of the first Delorean I saw back in 93 didn't drive his much either. He took it to a few shows and drove it to the store every now and then. He was always concerned about people denting his car with shopping carts or their car door. The car still exists today and thankfully has been garage kept for most of it's life. I have been in contact with the daughter of the owner (who passed away a few years ago) and the car looks great, but needs some mechanical work. They are saving it for someone in the family I think. It's an 81, 5 speed, grey interior, black stripe package.

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Thats weird, I think every owner, new or old should share their knowldege or at least to be kind with other owner or enthusiast.

My VIN:    10777

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    This guy was just not having any kind of dialogue. I was really excited, you know seeing one in the wild, whilst in mine. But this guy was giving off the "why the hell is this guy talking to me" vibe. Well, anyway. I THINK it's VIN 10089, but I can't be sure.
    That sucks that he was like that, oh well. Was this Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake?

My VIN:    10777

My friend on Long Island spotted this one in the wild about three weeks ago. I believe the license plate is 1GR8STRY which I know I've seen before in pics online or possibly even at the 2011 DMA Spring Social; either way the plate looks familiar.

D in the wild NY.jpg

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I think that is DMC3165 on this forum. His plate is in his sig, but I can't see it via Tapatalk

Re the previous sighting, Mike maybe hates BTTF and was just trying to get out of there before the comment started.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Found another and boy oh boy is she in sad shape. I pulled a note out of my mail box yesterday and it was from a guy who had seen my DeLorean parked in the driveway. His brother has one that he's been working on, off and on for years now. He's an eccentric mad electrician that's just loaded with aspirations and "plans" for the DeLorean. I've offered my services on helping him to get it going. But I told him that he's gonna have to let me work my way, and his custom electronics stuffs gonna have to wait. I told first we have to get her road worthy again. He's still on the fence about selling it. So I told him that can wait. But here's the word she's 1693 and really torn apart. It's gonna be a real job to get her back up. Good news is he's got front and rear fascias that need a little work, I told them I'd clean them up a bit and sell them for him.

Anyways, I'll do the best job researching on here before I post repeat questions, but its bound to happen. Thanks again guys.

Oh yeah, he wouldn't let me take any picks of it because he had "super secret" stuff back there around it. LoL
    1-800-273-8255

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    Found another and boy oh boy is she in sad shape. I pulled a note out of my mail box yesterday and it was from a guy who had seen my DeLorean parked in the driveway. His brother has one that he's been working on, off and on for years now. He's an eccentric mad electrician that's just loaded with aspirations and "plans" for the DeLorean. I've offered my services on helping him to get it going. But I told him that he's gonna have to let me work my way, and his custom electronics stuffs gonna have to wait. I told first we have to get her road worthy again. He's still on the fence about selling it. So I told him that can wait. But here's the word she's 1693 and really torn apart. It's gonna be a real job to get her back up. Good news is he's got front and rear fascias that need a little work, I told them I'd clean them up a bit and sell them for him.

Anyways, I'll do the best job researching on here before I post repeat questions, but its bound to happen. Thanks again guys.

Oh yeah, he wouldn't let me take any picks of it because he had "super secret" stuff back there around it. LoL
    1693 black interior automatic?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Burns View Post
    1693 black interior automatic?
    Black interior, manual iirc.
    1-800-273-8255

My VIN:    802

Club(s):   (DMA)

Friend of mine on vacation down in Orlando spotted this on I-4 today and texted me this picture. I told him if he caught up with them that we love it when people ask about the flux capacitor!
    uploadfromtaptalk1350595125284.jpg

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Notifier View Post
    Friend of mine on vacation down in Orlando spotted this on I-4 today and texted me this picture. I told him if he caught up with them that we love it when people ask about the flux capacitor!
    uploadfromtaptalk1350595125284.jpg
    Funny to finally get a look at what one of these pictures looks like. The ones I mean where the driver behind you is fumbling over his steering wheel with his cell phone camera and you're looking in your rear view mirror wondering if he his going to plough into you if you have to stop quickly. This happens daily for me for whatever reason. Or even better, at night when the guy is speed matching beside you on the highway, going head on into opposing traffic in the wrong lane, and you look over to see WTH is going on only to be met with the flash from his camera.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast