Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need Delorean for display at Sacramento bike show

Need Delorean for display at Sacramento bike show

Hello,

I am a former owner of an 83 delorean who has
    Started a project to bring an official delorean bicycle
    To the world.
    The bike will be officially unveiled at the 2012 north american handbuilt
    bike show march 2-4 at the Sacramento convention center.

In talking with DMC in Houston they said this forum might
    Be the quickest way to get a car for display.
    This has been a dream to bring a real delorean bike to market and we are just about ready. I am on the east coast so can't bring any cars I know.
    Any assistance would be great, and yes the bike is stainless steel

My VIN:    6813

Club(s):   (DCF)

hello...
    I can't help you with this since I live in Florida, but was interested if you wouldn't mind sharing some photos of the bike. I'm a bike shop owner, and would love to see what you have come up with!
    Thanks!
    -Ed Ferri
    PlanetBMX
    www.PlanetBMX.com
    1981 DeLorean DMC-12

Visit the official DeLorean Club Of Florida Facebook page at- http://www.facebook.com/pages/DeLore...19820184787200

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Im in Sac, any more info on how the display will be? closed off from viewers, all day, all weekend, etc.

Display will be roped off

We plan on putting it in the booth space and rope it off, I wouldn't want anybody on
    My car and don't suspect anyone else would either,
    I wanted to have to doors up, by show rules battery must be disconnected
    And fuel filler cap taped on, no more than a quarter tank of gas was also on the
    List of requirements.
    The show starts Friday but car will need to get in Friday
    Show ends Sunday 5pm and as booths go down and there is a path car can get out.

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

This sounds cool. I bet if you wanted you could get 5 or 6 DeLoreans there ;-)

Would love to see what you mean by "official DeLorean bicycle" - got any pics you can share?
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Delorean bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post

Would love to see what you mean by "official DeLorean bicycle" - got any pics you can share?
    Well I must wait until the official first view at the show so can't share pics yet
    But by official I mean that as most things delorean these days I plan on having this as a licensed product from DMC.
    As an avid cyclist and delorean owner for many years I have seen lots of "official" car bikes that were to be honest just junk compared to what any cyclist would purchase for themselves, I was determined that like the car the delorean bike would be a real and quality bicycle that was in my mind going to be of engineering quality just like the car was and is, thus this is a very fine machine that any cyclist would be proud to own.
    Making it out of the finest Italian stainless steel tubing (yes the bike is made in Italy) gave it the credibility it needed to not be just a "labeled" product.
    I have been working on this for a few years to make it a reality and as you might can tell am excited that it's just about time to show it off.
    These will be for sale from their own website and some bike shops have already expressed interest.
    DMC Houston will also sell them from their website when I get stock sufficient to cover demand.
    These are artisan built road bikes that ride amazing.
    Stainless steel for bicycle tubing is a great material that has some of the best qualities of the current materials used today for bicycles like carbon and steel and titanium.
    Several deloreans at this show might be cool but having no idea of layout or anything it might be a show organizer issue, but I am really hoping to get one for the booth inside.
    Thanks

Several deloreans!

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post

If several Deloreans were to come and "setup" outside for a while where at the convention center could that be done without any static from the center?
    I have never been there so no nothing about the front or sides or anything at this point.

The owner who lets us have the inside car I will need to know how many tickets you will need for you and friends / family to get in and what days,
    Plus parking for your regular car etc

Thanks

My VIN:    Custodian of 5307

I am in LA but a Sacramento roadtrip sounds cool!
    1988 3.2 Ferrari Mondial

Road trip

Quote Originally Posted by fnzen View Post
    I am in LA but a Sacramento roadtrip sounds cool!
    I would love to have you (and your car !)
    Only qualification is your car must be stainless (untainted)
    Not that I am against that, I have seen some cool looking painted ones but
    As our Delorean Bikes are visible stainless we want the car to be also.

How many Tickets do you need to get in?
    The car for the booth needs to be there by Thursday for setup
    And can get out Sunday after 5pm.

Oops

Quote Originally Posted by Marc m View Post
    If several Deloreans were to come and "setup" outside for a while where at the convention center could that be done without any static from the center?
    I have never been there so no nothing about the front or sides or anything at this point.

The owner who lets us have the inside car I will need to know how many tickets you will need for you and friends / family to get in and what days,
    Plus parking for your regular car etc

Thanks
    I meant unpainted! Sorry for the goof

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast