FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: DMC Open House, October 14-16, 2011

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Concours at DMCH Open House

Looking at the pics made me think, I didn't hear how many concours competitors there were, who they were, what the VINS were, and how did they do? Just curious.

My VIN:    4 Seater DMC24

Club(s):   (DMA)

What are these guys looking at? It looks like a male mold of a fender - as if you would use it for handlaying a fiberglass replica of a fender?

fender.jpg

Thanks,
    John

DMC Texas 800-872-3621 or +1-281-441-2537 DMCH James's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 10570 and 6776

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (SCDC) (DCUK)

This is from Dunmurry, and came along with the molds/cutting/drilling jigs. It appears to be made to securely hold a fender (left, in this instance) using a the suction cups and vacuum so that it can be blended either by hand or a tool as if it were on a car without actually being on a car. You might ask your guy down in the Republic who worked at Lappele if he's ever seen anything like it.

The existence of this piece, and it's provenance has led me to think that perhaps there was some notion "back in the day" as Consolidated was packing things up that they knew there was a shortage of left front fenders and grabbed this piece thinking it was something more than than it was. No other pieces of tooling like this exist in our possession.

James

Quote Originally Posted by dmcjohn View Post
    What are these guys looking at? It looks like a male mold of a fender - as if you would use it for handlaying a fiberglass replica of a fender?

fender.jpg

Thanks,
    John

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

There were three DeLoreans up for the Certification Awards in Houston.

Eric Pool (member of the DeLorean Midwest Connection club) received
    the Stainless Certification and the JZD Award for his Concours DeLorean.

The front fender fixture was a factory fixture that was used to prep and
    grain (re-grain) fenders. Fender was "held" using four suction cups.

I spoke to Dave Swingle about this fixture at the DMCH Open House and
    he said this piece was found with a bunch of other factory fixtures, but
    this was the only panel fixture found. It was thought there was at least
    one fixture like this for each panel, but no details to confirm.

Later,
    Rich W.

On behalf of Stephen Wynne, and all the staff of DeLorean Motor Company and our dealers, thank you again for participating at our recent Open House. Thanks to you all we had another sold out event!

The Friday night "Art of the DeLorean" reception highlighted the work of eight artists' works featuring the DeLorean and was punctuated by the unveiling of the new, modern, DeLorean underbody and of course the DMCev Electric DeLorean.

http://www.dmcev.com

Saturday at DMC was "tech" day, with several different technical seminars covering stainless repair, brakes, roof channels, and warehouse tours. Former DMC executive William Haddad gave a very controversial, thought-provoking, speech that people are *still* talking about on the DeLorean Mailing List!

Several new products were introduced on Saturday, as well, including: Stage III supercharger (now available!); modern integrated fuel pump/sender module; exact reproduction LH and RH water pump hoses; and replacement side-mirror switch. Two items that were planned to be shown, but just didn't make it in time include new, DMC-logo reproduction windshields and the new, reproduction fiberglass front fascia. More on all these parts can be seen at:

http://tinyurl.com/newdmcparts

Saturday evening, at the H&H Ranch, many attendees had their photos taken "with" John DeLorean through "Catch the Moment" and their green screen technology, providing a lasting memory of the event. Several attendees went for a ride on the mechanical bull - those who landed hard have a different kind of "lasting memory" of event - ouch!

On a more serious note, the generosity of the DeLorean community in attendance at our event cannot be overlooked - the Saturday night raffle, which raised $2,156.00, were sent directly to DeLorean owner and airshow performer Kyle Walker. Kyle and his 25 year old wife Amanda suffered significant injuries following an apparent engine failure at the 2011 Air Fiesta in Brownsville, TX. She was burned over 60% of her body and tragically died on May 27, 2011. Kyle, who also suffered significant burns, is recovering from his injuries. Kyle has asked us to express his sincere thanks and appreciation to the attendees for their selfless generosity.

On Sunday, many of the attendees took the opportunity to come out to our private track event at Houston Motorsports Park. Rides and drives in the supercharged Stage III DeLorean were going all day long, and many people got the chance to ride around the track in the DMCev, as well. Attendees who brought their DeLorean to the track also got the chance to get in as many laps around the track as they wanted, as well.

Our event photographer, Kevin Abato, shot more than 2,000 photos over the weekend and has carefully and expertly edited those down to the photos that you can view in the gallery link below:

http://tinyurl.com/dmchopenhouse2011

Thank you, Kevin, for taking so many wonderful photos to really capture the essence of the event - great people having a great time sharing the car that brought us all together!

Again, thank you all for participating in our event. We look forward to seeing you all again next summer in Orlando at the DeLorean Car Show 2012!

http://www.deloreancarshow.com

Best regards,

DMC (Texas), DMC (Florida), DMC (Europe), DMC (Midwest), DMC (Northwest), and DMC (California)

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

James and the DMC staff:

Kudos for the donation to the Franklin family. That was a damn generous thing to do.
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

We organized the raffle, and donated some items, but many items were donated from our suppliers and also from those within the DeLorean community:

Manson Cheung (awildermode) donated several cool Hot Wheels items.

Skip Vaughn donated a beautifully embroidered DeLorean jacket and some of his custom cupholders.

Bill and Rose Ballard donated some interesting etched glass and stainless items.

Gary Weaver donated some BTTF props, including a Flux Capacitor

Paul Nigh donated some DVD's from his Fireball Run event

Microsoft donated a copy of Forza 4

The DeLorean Museum donated signed copies of Stainless Steel Ilusion, Hard Driving, On a Clear Day You Can See General Motors and Grand Delusions.

Bosch donated a cooler and clock

DMC Texas donated a $500 gift certificate

Kevin Abato donated a set of prints of his photography

Ken Koncelik donated a DCS 2012 Registration

Ernest Cline donated a signed copy of his book "Ready Player One"

It was a lot of fun, and for a very good cause.

James
    Last edited by DMCH James; 11-04-2011 at 02:31 PM. Reason: forgot some stuff

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

That's very encouraging to see how people came together.
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

My VIN:    1420

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait a second. So I'm supposed to believe John Z. De Lorean, a guy who pissed off people @ GM for wanting to pursue Affirmative Action to help get more blacks employed there, as well as was known for meeting with politicians and others who supported Equal Rights in the 60's, and who also even dated black women was a racist?

Give.Me.A.Break.
    Boy, I'm really glad I didn't show up there. That would certainly have been one time that I would NOT have held my tongue.

Bill Haddad, I kindly rebuff your claims and require some proof.
    Gonna have to agree.
    December 21 1985
    caption: John Delorean (left) and Dr. John Carter (right) talk to the press at Thomas Grystal Gardens in Mt. Clemens
    accompanying article:
    JOHN DELOREAN in Mt Clemens Friday night to raise money for a new evangelical counseling center...
    Attached Images

My VIN:    16409

Does anyone have a video of the Bill Haddad talk. I just finished reading his book and it would be neat to see what he said during the open house.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7