FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: User Name Change REQUESTS

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I don't think you can change it by yourself but anyone that has asked either in that thread or via PM seems to be successful.

Of course, I think "Josh" is taken
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

oh hey there.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Josh S View Post
    Are we not allowed to change usernames?
    PM me.

My VIN:    7178

Club(s):   (DMA)

Perfect!
    Thanks Ron!
    Appreciate it.
    "If you're going to spend your inheritance on a car, why not do it with some style!"

My VIN:    2567 (Sold)

Shouldn’t it be Parzival?
    Hmmmm.... I should change mine to Anorak or Sorrento.

Just like Wade, I discovered that on some forums the accepted way of spelling was already taken. Thus I used the spelling from my license plate. In PA we are limited to 7 letters. I intended to enter PARZIVL on the online form, but due to the online form's inherent lag, coupled with my constant habit of spelling it correctly, I wound up with PARZVAL. I totally liked that better. So there you go!

Now sure, you can be Anorak, or hey even Aech or Art3mis. We can meet in my Basement.
    But I wouldn't choose Sorrento or you may find yourself with no friends. That, and you may get told daily that you and the other sux0rz can go f*ck a duck. lol

"If you're going to spend your inheritance on a car, why not do it with some style!"

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Slight editorial here, if they won't use some form of a real name as a "handle", folks should at least have it in the signature line. Not looking for full legal names, just something a bit more personalized than an abstract movie character / cartoon/ game etc. name.

This goes a long way toward a somewhat friendlier online atmosphere, not to mention a bit less awkwardness when meeting someone later in real life or on the phone. I've always found it pretty strange dealing with a customer on the phone, then seeing the conversation written up online 20 minutes later and realizing "hey it's THAT guy".
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    2567 (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Parzval View Post
    Just like Wade, I discovered that on some forums the accepted way of spelling was already taken. Thus I used the spelling from my license plate. In PA we are limited to 7 letters. I intended to enter PARZIVL on the online form, but due to the online form's inherent lag, coupled with my constant habit of spelling it correctly, I wound up with PARZVAL. I totally liked that better. So there you go!

Now sure, you can be Anorak, or hey even Aech or Art3mis. We can meet in my Basement.
    But I wouldn't choose Sorrento or you may find yourself with no friends. That, and you may get told daily that you and the other sux0rz can go f*ck a duck. lol

Totally enjoyed that book. Can’t wait to see the movie.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Slight editorial here, if they won't use some form of a real name as a "handle", folks should at least have it in the signature line. Not looking for full legal names, just something a bit more personalized than an abstract movie character / cartoon/ game etc. name.

This goes a long way toward a somewhat friendlier online atmosphere, not to mention a bit less awkwardness when meeting someone later in real life or on the phone. I've always found it pretty strange dealing with a customer on the phone, then seeing the conversation written up online 20 minutes later and realizing "hey it's THAT guy".
    It's also useful after a name change to have "formerly know as ....." above the avatar until the rest of us catch up .

Unless of course you are now in Witness Protection
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post

Good point, Dave. I usually have my avatar be my own picture for that very reason, though in this case I felt having my own car as the avatar is acceptable.. however I need to have ME with the car I guess. I figured that out from a truck club I'm in. I went to an event and saw a guy I knew from the forums because HE had his picture as himself and not his truck. Everyone else usually had their trucks. You never see the owner with the truck at those things. So I changed mine to be a picture of me. In this instance I will add the tagline. Eventually I will add me and the car together as an Avatar.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast