FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Motivation Minute... with DMCTalk

My VIN:    3937

Here's a couple that are more "feel good" ones than motivation, and a little Canadiana too.

This one is about the relationship between the railroad and the grain farmers out on the prairies.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

And this one is about hockey Dad's.

There was an older farmer who had puppies for sale so he put a sign on his fence. A boy about eight years old from across the road came over and said he wanted to buy a puppy. He then pulled out a pocketful of change and said, “I’ve got thirty-nine cents; is that enough?”

The farmer laughed. “I don’t know,” he said. “Let me count it.”

He counted coin by coin. “That’s exactly the right amount,” he told the boy.

He called to his farmhand and told him to let out the puppies. Four of the cutest little fur balls you could imagine came scurrying toward the little boy. He reached down and played with them, trying to figure out which one he wanted to buy.

Then he looked up and saw that a smaller pup was just coming down the ramp from the puppy cage in the barn. There was something wrong with this puppy’s back legs. It tried to run, but the best it could do was hobble along.

The little boy was immediately drawn to it. Without hesitation he said to the farmer, “That’s the puppy I want.”

The farmer was puzzled. He said, “No, son. You don’t want this puppy. It will never be able to run and play like the rest of the litter. There is something wrong with its back legs.”

The little boy reached down and rolled up the legs of his jeans to reveal steel braces on his legs. For the first time, the farmer noticed he wore specially made shoes.

He said to the farmer, “You see, I don’t run well either. This puppy needs someone who understands it.”

~ from “Every Day a Friday” by Joel Osteen

My VIN:    4266, Previously 11056

Jonathan, that story hit home somehow.

Even though it isn't exactly the same, my wife and I rescued a dog last yea, (a week after we got married) from a puppy mill that was going to be put down because it wasn't producing a large enough litter. The dog is a pug and she was so scared and so unkept, we rescued her. She had to be fixed, had a breast tumour removed and 6 rotten teeth pulled out. She was alnourished and her eyes seeped a bit but that has gone away from adjusting her diet. She lived in a cage for the first 4 years of her life. The first day we had her home with our other dog, who is a Boston Terrier named Chilli, we tried to play with her with some toys... and she didn't even know what to do with them. I'm not sure she even knew what toys were. (Below isa pic of the 1st time she played with a toy) Over the last year she has grown out of her shyness and developed like a proper 5 year old pug should have. She may not be the smartest dog out there, but she is a loving part of our family. Her name is Olive and she was a wedding present that was meant to find us.

olivetoy001.jpg

That is awesome dude! I know how good it feels to rescue an animal. We've always had dogs in the family and a couple have been either from the humane society or elsewhere, but two of them inparticular we pretty much figured weren't treated very nicely when they were puppies. I like that about the pug playing with toys. For a dog coming from a miserable life, "what do you mean I get to sleep in the house?" or "you mean you aren't going to beat me?" or "these rubber things are for playing with?" Good for you and your family for helping that dog. Thanks for sharing your story

"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, either way, you are right."

~ Henry Ford

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I don't know if anyone has been following this. I first saw it on one of the UK DeLorean clubs a couple of weeks ago.

http://jalopnik.com/5941126/1000-car...ll-british-boy

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-g...ease-help.html

Pretty awesome.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

I thought with some of the tragic events in the world recently, we could all use a little encouragement.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/momen...umanity-this-y

I started reading Jim Abbott's book "Imperfect" this weekend. It begins with the first page having only one simple quote on it:

"So, what are you going to do about it?"

Seems like a great message for anyone.

MLB Network Remembers: Abbott's no-hitter

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=11836755

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast