FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Increasing power to center AC vents

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan King View Post
    How do you get into the evaporator box?
    Remove the passenger knee pad, center console and radio/HVAC bracket, blower motor, ducting, etc. to get to the box. Drain coolant, disconnect hoses from evaporator and heater core. Remove the box, hoping you don't break it.

All of these steps are interspersed with various ancient and modern oaths, from what I understand.

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Remove the passenger knee pad, center console and radio/HVAC bracket, blower motor, ducting, etc. to get to the box. Drain coolant, disconnect hoses from evaporator and heater core. Remove the box, hoping you don't break it.

All of these steps are interspersed with various ancient and modern oaths, from what I understand.

Farrar
    You pretty much got it. But you have to remove the passenger seat and I recommend you remove the passenger carpet.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    03254

Farrar
    It's really not too bad, especially after you remove all of the above, I'd take out the passanger side seat as well. It will give you more room to work in. Took me about 2 hours to get it all out.

When I did this job my only mistake was forgetting to line up the drain my OEM drain was in really good shape but when I put things back together I broke it and had to use the coil boot method instead.

Tinkering with wiring tightening things up and sealing the cooling/heater box with sealant made putting things back together a couple of day job but that was a labor of love and I couldn't be happier with the end result.

Dan
    Last edited by dhaney; 07-01-2011 at 04:00 PM.

My VIN:    Vin 11753 ex Vin 11766, 11622

Club(s):   (ADOA) (DCH)

Farrar
    I would replace interspersed with "constant stream" or "continuous"
    Al Vanstone
    Vin 11753 - Kuwait
    Ex Vin 11766 - Dubai
    Ex Vin 11622 - Culloden Auction

www.deloreanclub.co.uk
    As seen on The One Show, Channel 5, Discovery, Britains Greatest Machines and of course Wheeler Dealers!
    Want to know about balljoint failure.. look here http://www.deloreaneurotec.co.uk/for...hp?f=13&t=2198

My VIN:    3997

Farrar
    Drain the engine coolant you mean? Yikes. All just to get into the evaporator? Which box do you speak of? I'm just a little lost...I have never done it before.

My other question is what all gets into the evaporator? Is there anything I should change while I take on a big project like this?
    Living The Dream Since 2005 - VIN#3997

My VIN:    03572

The heater, AC and all the duct doors and package are all in a large box. That box need to be removed to get access to any component in it.

So yes, you must drain the coolant and the AC is disconnected.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6