FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Fascia Paint Codes/Considerations for shop

DeLorean Owner, Missouri jmrydholm's Avatar

My VIN:    10715

Nice! I need to have 10715's fascias repainted as well. "Mineral Grey?" I actually like the metallic flecks.

My VIN:    16655

Quote Originally Posted by jmrydholm View Post
    Nice! I need to have 10715's fascias repainted as well. "Mineral Grey?" I actually like the metallic flecks.
    I'm not sure if it's what they used or if it was the original paint code. I'm hoping to remember to ask when I go by tomorrow to drop off some parts to be powder coated...

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashyukun View Post
    I'm not sure if it's what they used or if it was the original paint code. I'm hoping to remember to ask when I go by tomorrow to drop off some parts to be powder coated...
    Did you find out which paint code was applied? Somewhere along the line, a PO applied a coat over the original paint on my fascias that was clearly intended to "match" the stainless... but just looks wrong. Much too light. And it's peeling in some places, revealing spots of dark underneath. Oh, and they only did the upper halves - the paint below the black trim line is original. A real expert job.

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Did you find out which paint code was applied? Somewhere along the line, a PO applied a coat over the original paint on my fascias that was clearly intended to "match" the stainless... but just looks wrong. Much too light. And it's peeling in some places, revealing spots of dark underneath. Oh, and they only did the upper halves - the paint below the black trim line is original. A real expert job.
    I did ask when I picked up the powder coats parts a few days ago- they used the Jeep paint code (it matched back to a Chrysler code too, apparently)

I got the fascias on today, but didn't take time to take pictures as I was scrambling to get everything together to get the car to the exhaust shop... they look INCREDIBLE though compared to how they were before...

It's not the best picture- and the fascia is unfortunately rather dusty which showed up really heavily thanks to the flash- but here's the installed front fascia...
    DSCF0186.jpg
    And to contrast, a similar shot from when I was removing the fascia before it was repainted...
    DSCF0139.jpg

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

nice, amazing improvement!

My VIN:    4941

paint codes

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
    That's kind of neat to use an existing available modern paint code.
    Can you post a pic or two?
    The code for mineral gray met. is 2011 Chrysler pdm or cdm. Another good code is alpha romeo 651 a. I recommend Basecoat/ ctear coat urethane. Do not forget to add flex agent to primer/ sealer and flex agent / flattener to your clear coat.

My VIN:    4941

paint codes

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I checked my database and I could not pull the formula. I will get them for you in plenty of time though, I just have to look harder. I do know that the code is under "fleet vehicles" but after opening the "Delorean" folder, there was nothing in it. I know it's there, I just have to look. If worse comes to worse, I will get the formula on my next trip to the paint store(I go once a week).
    The code for mineral gray met. is 2011 Chrysler "pdm" or "cdm". Another good code is alpha romeo "651 a". I recommend Basecoat/ clear coat urethane. Do not forget to add flex agent to primer/ sealer and flex agent/ flattener to your clear coat.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3