FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: '81 DMC VIN 1776, Turbo, Black int., Gas flap $17,499 OBO

'81 DMC VIN 1776, Turbo, Black int., Gas flap $17,499 OBO

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=25&cardist=17

My car has been on Autotrader for a few weeks, but I seem to be getting a lot of people who haven't done their DeLorean research, so I was probably better off posting it here to begin with. I know it's only money, but I'd still rather the car go to someone who is knowledgeable about these beasts. Ran out of space with the autotrader ad, but I need to add:

- Fuel sender doesn't work.
    - Just finished replacing fusebox last weekend. Brand new connections and fuses.
    - Comes with DMCH adjustable rear shocks, Hervey front shocks (not installed).
    - Comes with PJ Grady front lowering springs (not installed).
    - Comes with K-Jet parts that were removed during EFI installation. (If you don't take the K-Jet parts, I'll just douse them with holy water and watch them melt.)
    - Brand new louver struts. Has DMC-NW Lifetime door struts.
    - Kuhmo Tires have good tread, but are over 6 years old. Probably need to be replaced sometime soon.
    - Has silver wheels originally on VIN 5945.
    - Comes with 2 6x9 speakers, and a rear speaker panel, picture is uploaded here.
    - Oil changed 3 weeks ago, less than 100 miles since then.

I originally bought the car with a BAE Turbo kit installed and forged internals back in 2005. My hatred for K-Jet led me to get in touch with Eddie down in Melbourne, FL to install EFI, and replace the old turbo with a new unit. He had to have a special Megasquirt built to control the odd-fire engine. I believe this was the first engine that Eddie did that didn't require going to the 3.0L even-fire engine.

Any questions or offers, my email is [email protected], or you can shoot me a text anytime at 704 -609- 9115. I get home from work after 6:15PM Eastern, so if you prefer the phone, I can talk after then. Thanks.
    Attached Images

Forgot to add: I'm selling so that I can have the funds for a down payment on an investment house in FL. Either that or a Caterham Seven. I still haven't decided.

Just my 2 cents: this looks to be a great deal for someone whose in the market. I purchased mine and it was about this shape, minus the EFI and turbo and I paid more than ^ guy is asking. Sorta makes me wish I'd waited a bit longer. Not really, but hey IMHO this is a very fair price, especially if he's got documentation on the mods performed.

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

This would be a great deal for someone! If only I had the funds... AARGH!!

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood2311 View Post
    Forgot to add: I'm selling so that I can have the funds for a down payment on an investment house in FL. Either that or a Caterham Seven. I still haven't decided.
    Caterham Seven.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

Quietly enjoying ownership Cory W's Avatar

My VIN:    4692

Quote Originally Posted by pezzonovante88 View Post
    Caterham Seven.
    +284756697853

Most. Fun. Ever.

The way my Apple stock is going up, I should take every dime from the DeLorean and put it into that. Up $80/share in less than a month!

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood2311 View Post
    The way my Apple stock is going up, I should take every dime from the DeLorean and put it into that. Up $80/share in less than a month!
    I bought a good number of shares back in 08 when the market took a dive. I'm very happy right now! Others have not held up as well though.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Car has been sold to a gentleman from NY.