FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DMC - a fathers gift

DMC - a fathers gift

Today, March 15th 2012 marks the 13th anniversary that I lost my father to Cancer. My father was my best friend. He bought my DeLorean for me in 1994 which ironically led to my career in the classic / exotic car business. About eight years ago just after opening DMC Florida, I met a father and son at a local British car show. The young man, then 10 years old, asked if he could sit in the DeLorean I was driving that day, I happily obliged. His father took a photo of his son in the car and later that year stopped by DMC Florida to check out the cars. The father had asked me to save an old fascia that I might be throwing away so he could refinish it and hang in his sons room. About a year ago the father stopped by saying his sons favorite car was still the DeLorean and he would like me to keep an eye out for a semi project car, a nice car that they could do things to over time. I found just the car and yesterday 3/14/12 that young man now 18 years old got the surprise of his life.

The video you are about to see explains the rest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhiqWePG_9k

I would like to dedicated this video to my father, my friend Kenny who lost his father this past year, and all father and sons who enjoy the love of cars together.

Best Regards,
    Tony Ierardi
    President
    DMC Florida
    www.dmcflorida.com
    239-495-8550

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Most awesome Delorean video ever!! I think he will cherish that car for decades to come.
    Last edited by Michael; 03-15-2012 at 12:08 PM.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

Great video Tony! That brought me to tears. Looks like an 82. Very beautiful!

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Pretty awesome. Car looks great.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

My VIN:    3937

Wow Tony, that is pure awesome! Thanks so much for sharing. That's what it's all about. Great job!!

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Awesome.

My kids 16th is soon, so I better not show him this
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    16245

Quote Originally Posted by DMCFL Tony View Post
    Today, March 15th 2012 marks the 13th anniversary that I lost my father to Cancer. My father was my best friend. He bought my DeLorean for me in 1994 which ironically led to my career in the classic / exotic car business. About eight years ago just after opening DMC Florida, I met a father and son at a local British car show. The young man, then 10 years old, asked if he could sit in the DeLorean I was driving that day, I happily obliged. His father took a photo of his son in the car and later that year stopped by DMC Florida to check out the cars. The father had asked me to save an old fascia that I might be throwing away so he could refinish it and hang in his sons room. About a year ago the father stopped by saying his sons favorite car was still the DeLorean and he would like me to keep an eye out for a semi project car, a nice car that they could do things to over time. I found just the car and yesterday 3/14/12 that young man now 18 years old got the surprise of his life.

The video you are about to see explains the rest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhiqWePG_9k

I would like to dedicated this video to my father, my friend Kenny who lost his father this past year, and all father and sons who enjoy the love of cars together.

Best Regards,
    Tony Ierardi
    President
    DMC Florida
    www.dmcflorida.com
    239-495-8550
    What a nice story, bless you!
    Q: How do you make a small fortune restoring a DeLorean?
    A: Start out with a large fortune!

Vin 16245 (83, 5sp Blk) aka Stinky

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

That is really, really cool. Very nice.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

Cool

WOW! tony, i had no idea the true significance of that day! Both my dad and i started to tear up after reading your thread and then watching the video. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart and even further than that! I will NEVER forget pie day (3/14/12) I look forward to building this car with you and your shop into the best looking/working DeLorean ever built! see you soon!

My VIN:    3937

Welcome to the club, Trace. We're glad to have you

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast