FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Worldwide Scavenger Hunt for Charity Please help!

Oops! Forgot to attach the logos - here they are. One is the complete one, the other two if you want to print it in two pieces.

Logo_WTFH+text_left.jpgLogo_WTFH+text.jpgLogo_WTFH+text_right.jpg

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Didnt know there were Google offices in town

How about the Big Chicken in Marietta ?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Didnt know there were Google offices in town

How about the Big Chicken in Marietta ?
    I thought of that but it's further from me than doing Stone Mountain round-trip via Google office (might visit High Museum while I'm there). Will also try to get Capitol - and I don't know if one can stop at the Olympic flame that Mohammed Ali climbed.

Are you near the chicken?

My VIN:    1623

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Thanks for all the kind words, but I just did what anyone else here would have done. This is a great group of guys. I wish I had more time for tech sessions and DMCTalk, but family and work have to come first. It was nice meeting you Peter (brit0n), and I wish team WearTheFoxHat all the best in the Hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    That is a fantastic tint job! Where did he get it done?
    Thanks - I had the tint done (35% - legal limit) at Spectrum Sound in Union City, GA, but they have since gone out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by brit0n View Post
    I thought of that but it's further from me than doing Stone Mountain round-trip via Google office (might visit High Museum while I'm there). Will also try to get Capitol - and I don't know if one can stop at the Olympic flame that Mohammed Ali climbed.

Are you near the chicken?
    No I live on the other side of town near........ well there's nothing famous out here.

Double points for a pic of your logo on a DeLorean outside the Big Chicken?

Read through the list of tasks last night btw. Some of them are quite challenging to say the least (I mean, getting a Like on Google +, how possible is that )
    Dermot

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    No I live on the other side of town near........ well there's nothing famous out here.

Double points for a pic of your logo on a DeLorean outside the Big Chicken?

Read through the list of tasks last night btw. Some of them are quite challenging to say the least (I mean, getting a Like on Google +, how possible is that )
    Well, I was GOING to drive to Stone Mountain tomorrow (the carving of the Confederate heroes is the largest bas-relief in the world) and pick up Google office in Atlanta on the way back. But re-reading the task "I've got more friends than you on Facebook. I have more circles than you on Google+. I have more twits than you on Twitter, and I'm going to prove it. Get your friends around the world to take a photo of themselves in front of a famous local landmark holding your team logo. [5 points per distinct country, max 100 points. +10 points for each of the following: Taj Mahal, Machu Pichu, Big Ben, Eiffel Tower, Sydney Opera House, Pyramids of Giza,
    Times Square, Red Square, Tianamen Square, the Burj al Arab, Tahrir Square, Mohatta
    Palace, Ma'amoon Telecommunication Center tower, The Wahgah border, Ahsan Manzil,
    anywhere on the Hyujeonseon. 300 points for all 16]"
    I checked with the Team Leader and my thinking is correct - no points for a second landmark in the U.S. and we have Times Square and I think others so unless the South rises again quickly and declares itself as a sovereign state, the chicken and the carving are no good

Thanks. Google office will still get points but it's not worth a drive from here to mid-town just for that! So right now, I have computers doing prime factorization of a 99 digit number (but even with 2 PCs running 4 cores I doubt the algorithm will get to the required 50 digits by the deadline) and trying to decrypt a coded message (all the techies in the team are working it with no joy so far). The DeLorean was the big points from this end Of course, if you see any tasks you like the look of, jump in! Goods luck with getting your DeLoreans together - I hope they breed

This is very off-topic but as you've helped me get so many points and the team is now bouncing between 1st and 3rd places (that's where the money is and we don't want to slip to 4th), we have a very short video clip - spoof ad. We need 1000 views by 6pm Eastern. Someone told us YouTube stopped the counter because of repeat views - dunno if that's true, but could you view this and share it with anyone and everyone please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALSgHVcphVk

Many thanks. I'll let you know where we end up when it closes at 6pm or you can see for yourself at http://scavenger.freelancer.com/dashboard

I thought you'd like to know the result of the scavenger hunt... well, there were 1,987 teams around the globe.

Our team WearTheFoxHat grabbed 2 daily prizes of $1,000 each and came 1st overall - scoreboard at http://scavenger.freelancer.com/dashboard for $25,000

That means that in addition to donations which the team received while completing some tasks, the competition netted $27,000 for http://www.snehalaya.org/

Thanks for all the help and encouragement and of course to Mark for the use of his beautiful machine which gained 100 points out of the team total of 3,564 which is no small contribution!

I guess this thread is about done lol
    Attached Images

Well done !!!
    Dermot

My VIN:    1623

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Congratulations on the win! Glad to be able to help.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast