FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite vice after working on car?

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

Favorite vice after working on car?

Time for a little revelation. You've bruised your knuckles, cursed at those responsible for items such as pipes of doom, unreachable distributors, alternators waaay to close to exhaust manifolds, not to mention otterstats and freakin fan fails...

After you've cleaned up and are in need of some "refreshment", what is it? Type and brand. Please, no tangents, no rants. I'm merely interested in people's choice of refreshment.

Me, personally, ice cold (freezer) vodka, straight up, couple of olives. I am a bit of a vodka snob and enjoy trying new brands. The key is the cost/taste ratio. My personal favorite is probably Kettel One, but for the money, the hands down winner, and very, very close in taste, is Viking Fjord. That and a handful of pistachios, and the dog and I can play catch for a while!

When not in the vodka mood, I like a sweet bourbon (Jeremiah Weed) cut with a little Jim Beam or Old Crow (aka rot gut) to lessen the sweetness a bit.

I could go on and on about other boozes, but we'll leave that for the next thread. Favorites only here......
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Honestly my preferred vice is my better half, but since we are talking drinks:

I'm a sucker for the sweet stuff when it comes to the hard stuff. For me:
    Bacardi with cherry pepsi
    Or
    Vanilla vodka with pineapple juice

Otherwise it's
    Blue Moon
    or
    Stella Artois

I'm far from a drink snob and like what I like independent of cost. If it tastes good it's fine with me.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

DeLorean Owner Since 2006

My VIN:    3676

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

There just seems to be something about these cars that drives one to drink; no pun intended.

My personal choice would be a mixer of Crown Royal and Coke or seltzer, but that can get to be a bit expensive on a regular basis, so I save that for days when I need it most.

On an average day of frustration, I'll stick with Canadian Club and the aforementioned mix-ins.

There are two exceptions to this:

1. I'm at a bar that has neither Crown Royal or Canadian Club and I know this before ordering, then it's Bourbon whiskey.

2. The other is Crown Royal XR; one of the best whiskeys I've ever had and with a price to match. To-date, I've only ever drank from my bottle of it when I returned from Iraq as my first drink back in the US.

Granted, I never drink when I expect to drive or will be driving that evening.

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

When I drink, it's jack and coke or rum and coke. Seriously... that's it.
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

I'm a fan of the Pepsi Throwback.

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    16793

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

I'm a bit of a micro-brew freak and switch often - but I keep coming back to a good English bitter. It soothes the back pain
    DeLorean VIN 16793 - 1983
    Loving my power steering!

My VIN:    04915

Sorry to be boring but if it's hot (and it has been!) I'll have a Bud Light ... or three.
    Jack Skeens

Builder of the first Delorean Time Machine

My VIN:    2072

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Laphraiog 12 year single malt…… It's what I had the first time 2930's engine fired

As far as good vodka for the price goes, I _highly_ recommend Sobieski. Try it…you will like it vastly more than the price would indicate.

I'm a bit of a liquor snob, in that I refuse to stock or serve anything that comes in a plastic bottle…..

--buddy

My VIN:    10186

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
    Sorry to be boring but if it's hot (and it has been!) I'll have a Bud Light ... or three.
    i love those....... i also like drinking grey goose and cranberry juice.

My VIN:    4 Seater DMC24

Club(s):   (DMA)

Well I love a good pint of Guinness (and it's way better over here in Ireland), but for American beers I love Sam Adams, or Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is great too! Also Brooklyn Ale.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast