FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: MOMO Evolution Steering Wheel

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Glad to hear it! Take a pic of it when you install it.

Hard to beat for 35 bucks!
    Sure will. I am holding off on ordering the adapter until DMCH has received in the new fuel sending unit.

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by sadeeky View Post
    If you call DMCH they will make a center DMC logo for the center of the wheel
    Oh wow! What is the part number?

My VIN:    1225

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
    Oh wow! What is the part number?
    Your going to have to call them. I ordered mine and they didnt have the logo in stock but they said they will send it to me as soon as they finish making them within a few weeks.

I am sure that then though you don't buy it from them then you should be able to get just he logo

1800-USA-DMC1

My new wheel is finally installed

My new NON steering wheel is installed Now it looks like a sports car

Attachment 9678Attachment 9678

My VIN:    04915

I like the MOMO steering wheel and the knock-off. I wonder if a quick release adapter would work with this wheel ... remove the wheel like a race car. I think it may be easier to get out of the car. Anyone have any comments?

That would impress 'em ... pop the gull wing door, remove the steering wheel, climb out.
    Last edited by Jacko; 04-10-2012 at 11:19 PM.
    Jack Skeens

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Quote Originally Posted by sadeeky View Post
    My new NON steering wheel is installed Now it looks like a sports car

Attachment 9678Attachment 9678
    Pretty cool man! Can't wait to see your Delorean.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
    I like the MOMO steering wheel and the knock-off. I wonder if a quick release adapter would work with this wheel ... remove the wheel like a race car. I think it may be easier to get out of the car. Anyone have any comments?

That would impress 'em ... pop the gull wing door, remove the steering wheel, climb out.
    Naw buddy It doesn't have a quick release adapter. I guess that would be pretty cool. Bit of a pain in the ass to take on and off

My VIN:    10XXX

I must have made a mistake somewhere. I purchased this exact wheel on ebay (same url), and the adapter from DMCH.

But, the wheel has 6 holes, and the adapter has 12 holes. Where did I go wrong?

steve

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    I like it. Just fyi, you can get a knock off on ebay for $35. Yes I know it's a knock off, but I bought one just for kicks, and I was actually surprised at how sturdy it feels. Even has an integrated horn switch if you want to hook it up. I'm sure the Momo one is nicer but I doubt it's $300 nicer.

Here's an example of the listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-REAL-LEA...ht_2954wt_1185

here's the wheel:

Just add your own "DMC"

EDIT
    Here's a picture of my "Knock Off" wheel:
    Steve Liggett
    Treasure Island, FL
    1982 automatic, VIN 10XXX, grey int

Previous: VIN 5983, VIN 3670
    Who knows where my previous 1981 with 6 cylinder Chevy engine is these days (cannot find that VIN) ?

My VIN:    04915

What a wheel!!

I have always resisted changing the wheel in the Delorean. The stock wheel is the right size, has the right feel and wears well although admittedly conservative in style.

Then along comes the fantastic MOMO EVO ... this steering wheel looks like it was made for the Delorean. Same size as stock, feels perfect in your hand and has excellent craftsmanship. I ordered the MOMO from DMCH and also ordered the knock-off for the hell of it so I could compare them both first hand. The knock-off is a surprising imitation ... looks and feels the same and you have to look closely to see the difference ... certainly a good substitute. I put the MOMO in 4915 and hung the knock-off on the wall. If anyone is contemplating changing the steering wheel in their D I would recommend either of these.

Attachment 9950
    Jack Skeens

My VIN:    10XXX

Hey can someone answer my post#28 in this thread

I have some time on my hands, and want to install the steering wheel. Did I order the wrong adapter (I only saw one on the DMCH website).

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
    I have always resisted changing the wheel in the Delorean. The stock wheel is the right size, has the right feel and wears well although admittedly conservative in style.

Then along comes the fantastic MOMO EVO ... this steering wheel looks like it was made for the Delorean. Same size as stock, feels perfect in your hand and has excellent craftsmanship. I ordered the MOMO from DMCH and also ordered the knock-off for the hell of it so I could compare them both first hand. The knock-off is a surprising imitation ... looks and feels the same and you have to look closely to see the difference ... certainly a good substitute. I put the MOMO in 4915 and hung the knock-off on the wall. If anyone is contemplating changing the steering wheel in their D I would recommend either of these.

Attachment 9950
    Steve Liggett
    Treasure Island, FL
    1982 automatic, VIN 10XXX, grey int

Previous: VIN 5983, VIN 3670
    Who knows where my previous 1981 with 6 cylinder Chevy engine is these days (cannot find that VIN) ?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast