FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Total Recall......again

My VIN:    01955

I wonder if he's still Hauser?

I'll still watch, im a sucker for sci-fi movies.

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by dvonk View Post
    of course, i will be watching the new one to see if they have the 3-boobed alien prostitute in the bar.
    This was honestly the only reason that anyone at work wanted to see this movie. And then we pondered if the titties would be CGI as well. I'll just wait for some pirated screen caps and will save my money.

Totally agreed that the original was great Schwarzenegger action flick. That's what makes it great. Comparatively however, I think that I'll just read the original book instead:

After watching Blade Runner and then finally reading Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? I decided to stick with reading Sci Fi books instead of watching the movies. Book is always better, yada yada yada, I know. More to the point the books contain both omitted details as well as complex themes that readers of such works can comprehend. Movies OTOH are consistantly dumbed down because the audiences are comprised of functioning trainables who can't be bothered to listen to anything except gunfire and deep bass explosions, let alone dialogue so the story always gets horribly butchered.

Hopefully Hollywood never gets to trashing other classic works like Neuromancer and Snow Crash.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

saw this at the weekend, and it's pretty poor, imho.

Wondered why they didn't name it "Complete Recall" or something like that, to distance themselves from Arnie, but maybe they were trying to link to him in some weird way.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    3299

No shocker there. Hollywood needs to just be nuked until new ideas come out.... ENOUGH remakes.... and do we REALLY need a Paranormal Activity 4.....
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    6585

Now what we really need are movies that aren't just repeats, but needlessly cross-over into each other.

"Step up 2 Paranormal Activity"
    People find out their house is haunted, and fight the ghosts using choreographed dance moves.

"I SAW nothing"
    Woody Allen is kidnapped by average movie fans and forced to stop being neurotic and write stories where there are no frustrating characters or plots. Or they cut his arm off or something.

"Expendable Skits"
    Has been action movie heros versus has been SNL stars. Lots of guns, impersonations, explosions, and dick jokes.

"American Pie presents: The environment is screwed"
    A bunch of kids are trying to get laid while lamenting over environmental issues and what they can do about them. There will be monkeys masturbating in IMAX.

What we'll probably get.

"Generic Comic Book Movie"
    It's either gonna be another flick recycled again, or some obscure character like Too Much Coffee Man. There will be action figures for your kids that have absolutely nothing at all to do with the film.

"Unrealistic Date Flick"
    It's got a couple of hairless dudes that are either fighting over a chick, or she's fighting for their attention. Either way whomever she ends up with still isn't fully self sufficient. He either needs money for his car payment, or help with a resume or something. That or she has a yeast infection and he has to love her despite the discharge.

"Unrealistic Mid-Life Crisis Flick"
    The same couple, just fast forward. He's got more hair in his ears than on his head, and likes to sleep allot. She's worried about the lines in her face, her yeast infection, and if their marriage is on the rocks. All the while they maintain an unrealistic lifestyle in a house that they could not possibly afford nor use. Meryl Streep is somewhere in this film.

"American Actress has a British Accent"
    Plot isn't important. Movie is just a vehicle to show that the star can do accents.

"Quentin Tarantino Endorsed Foreign fighting flick"
    It's hard to follow, but has gore, rape, and feet. You wouldn't normally watch it, but since it's got Tarantino's name attached, you'll get suckered into it and regret it.

"Untitled Tim Burton Project"
    Don't know what it's about, but it'll star Johnny Depp & Helena Bonham Carter, and will recycle the Beetlejuice soundtrack. Again.

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    "Quentin Tarantino Endorsed Foreign fighting flick"

...You wouldn't normally watch it, but since it's got Tarantino's name attached, you'll get suckered into it and regret it.
    I'll digress for a minute here. For anyone out there that likes to read novels, what the hell is up with all these big name authors attaching their name to a title, tricking the reader into buying it, only to realize later on that it was just some half-wit who wrote the story and not the big name author?

I found this with the Jason Bourne novels, even though this new guy has written about 6 or so of the new ones, but the biggest let down one was where I bought a James Patterson novel called Toys, only to get about 50 pages into it, thinking about how awful it was, and then finally clue in that Patterson didn't write it, he just somehow has his name on the cover (and spine) making it look so.

Are these guys so absorbed with their money making name that they contract out their own writing? Sorry millennial generation, everything I see out there "for sale" is pretty craptacular. I think I'll hop in the time machine and go back to the 80's where things weren't so shmitty.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3