FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The D Rex Goes to Hollywood !!

My VIN:    05457

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    ....anyone else notice Christopher Lloyd is credited in the cast??
    Yeah, Don has a picture of Christopher Lloyd sitting on a couch next to D-Rex on his Facebook page.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Speaking of sitting next to D Rex ...

I thought I would post the following photo:

D-Rex-Production-Office-Lobby.JPG

This Huge Photo of the D Rex is now in the Reception Area of the Production Studios.

Poster size photo was used to "sell" the idea of using D Rex in the TV Pilot. (It worked)

Later,
    Rich W.

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Link to photo of D Rex posted by John Leguizamo (Del Trotter character "Del Boy")
    on John's "WhoSay" webpage. Link attached below:

http://www.whosay.com/johnleguizamo/photos/153249

Stunt Driver (Rich W.) did all the actual driving.

This photo is the alley set across from Studio 3.

Later,
    Rich W.

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Speaking of sitting next to D Rex ...

I thought I would post the following photo:

D-Rex-Production-Office-Lobby.JPG

This Huge Photo of the D Rex is now in the Reception Area of the Production Studios.

Poster size photo was used to "sell" the idea of using D Rex in the TV Pilot. (It worked)

Later,
    Rich W.
    They should sell that poster to the public!

Not "they" ... Me!! And yes, I have thought about selling
    D Rex posters in the past. Time to think about it again.

Later,
    Rich W.

Another interesting post, from someone at the Speedway filming last Friday.

http://www.audreykearns.com/wp-conte...March-2012.jpg

Delorean_AudBri_March-2012.jpg

No, I do not recall meeting them, but it seemed like Don Steger knew everyone there.

Later,
    Rich W.

D Rex is Back Home

The D Rex arrived back home this afternoon ... about 4500 miles, round trip.

I could not have asked for better weather for the entire trip, there and back,
    as well as great weather for the two filming days. The only two days that
    were a little on the bad side were the two weekend days between filming
    (rain on Saturday and high winds on Sunday), so we threaded the needle.

With the D Rex back in town, all "spiffed-up" prior to the filming and running
    better than ever, I plan to take some new high-res photos in the upcoming
    week, including photos that will highlight a few of the new D Rex upgrades.
    I will be away from computers most of next week, but I will post photos soon.

Later,
    Rich W.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Only Fools was part of BBC TV’s backbone in the 90s. It was well written, with some absolutely classic scenes (Chandelier Cleaning Services, anyone). However it is firmly entrenched in England, specifically London, with Del-Boy trying to sell anything he could get his hands on (that fell off the back of a lorry). It has, admittedly, dated quite badly, imho. Having said that, I can see the general principle being recognizable in any big city, with “entrepreneurs” sourcing grey-market merchandise and eliminating these pesky markups (you know, taxes etc). Interesting to see how it turns out.

I don’t mean any offence to Rich W. , but DelBoy drove the most ridiculous vehicle possible in that decade, a battered yellow Reliant Regal van with the company logo “Trotters Independent Trading” – aka TIT emblazoned on the side.

Did the producers brainstorm what Del-Boy US (Del-Dude?) might drive that would be considered equally ridiculous and come up with the D-Rex? It will certainly get everyone talking about the pilot, but it may not be the inconspicuous vehicle a Del Boy character might need.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Hi Dermot,

Sorry for the reply delay, since I took a week vacation to work on my projects last week (with no computers nearby).

Never fear ... Del-Boy starts out in the pilot TV show with a rather ridiculous car too, before he trades it (plus cash) for the D Rex.

Sorry I am a bit short on the details at this time, but once the show gets aired, I will be able to discuss more of the details.

Hint: Del-Boy may get his ridiculous "American" car back, if the series makes it past the pilot and gets picked up.

Thanks,
    Rich W.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post

I don’t mean any offence to Rich W. , but DelBoy drove the most ridiculous vehicle possible in that decade, a battered yellow Reliant Regal van with the company logo “Trotters Independent Trading” – aka TIT emblazoned on the side.

Did the producers brainstorm what Del-Boy US (Del-Dude?) might drive that would be considered equally ridiculous and come up with the D-Rex? It will certainly get everyone talking about the pilot, but it may not be the inconspicuous vehicle a Del Boy character might need.

OK, I saw these details mentioned in several different locations on the Internet, including IMDB, so I can repeat it here now:

Del-Boy drives a '78 Pacer wagon. I am sure Bob Brandys would be proud (LOL).

Later,
    Rich W.

BTW: If its on the Internet, it must be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Hi Dermot,

Sorry for the reply delay, since I took a week vacation to work on my projects last week (with no computers nearby).

Never fear ... Del-Boy starts out in the pilot TV show with a rather ridiculous car too, before he trades it (plus cash) for the D Rex.

Sorry I am a bit short on the details at this time, but once the show gets aired, I will be able to discuss more of the details.

Hint: Del-Boy may get his ridiculous "American" car back, if the series makes it past the pilot and gets picked up.

Thanks,
    Rich W.
    Last edited by Rich W; 04-17-2012 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Added BTW

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast