FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: The D Rex Goes to Hollywood !!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Big DeLorean...Small World

As big as the world seems to be, there always seems to be something that happens to make it seem small.

Case in point...the D Rex and another story of it's origin...all connected to this recent TV Pilot.

As fate would have it, one of the TV Pilot's writers, Steven Cragg, was born and raised in Texas.
    As the story goes, Steven had a cousin who did all sorts or crazy things and had some crazy projects.

One day, Steven went to his cousin's house, to see a project he was working on...a DeLorean 4x4.
    Although Steven did not tell me too many details, he said that the vehicle was stuck in his memory.

Flash forward a couple decades and Steven Cragg gets a chance to write a TV Pilot about two brothers
    who do all kinds of crazy things and Steven's thoughts flash back to an idea to include the DeLorean 4x4.

Not knowing if the DeLorean 4x4 still existed, Steven and crew check the good old internet, identify D Rex
    and contact me through Tamir's website. The D Rex is cast in a leading role and makes a trip to Hollywood.

It was not until I met Steven in person that he told me the back story to selecting the DeLorean 4x4 and
    why it needed to be in this TV Pilot. And it was at this time that Steven learned that D Rex was the very
    same DeLorean 4x4 that he had seen, decades before, in Texas (with a few improvements and upgrades).
    And as they say, the rest is history.

Later,
    Rich W.
    Last edited by Rich W; 01-08-2013 at 07:14 PM. Reason: fixed type-o's