FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The D Rex Goes to Hollywood !!

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

New D Rex Poster photo?

Since we were discussing "poster photos" of the D Rex, a few posts back, I thought I would post this photo.

D-Rex-at-the-farm.JPG

Photo was taken while I had a few free moments after the Hollywood trip and while working on the D Limo.

The neighbor's freshly plowed farm field is in the background (great source for dirt and dust on my vehicles).
    Later in the day, with a storm front passing through the area. Not great light, but some cool looking clouds.

This is the "pre-cropped" version of the photo that I sent to Ken K. to put on the DCS 2012 home page.

Later,
    Rich W.
    Last edited by Rich W; 04-23-2012 at 05:18 PM. Reason: fixed type-o's

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

US version...re-make and re-name

For those of you interested (and for those who do FaceBook), a friend sent me this link, initially posted last week:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17838662

Feel free to check out the link (and/or the FaceBook poll) and feel free to vote in the poll, as well, if interested.

Later,
    Rich W.

My VIN:    01955

Since it has D-Rex and Chris Lloyd in it, I will watch it.

Never was a fan of the original, so I never really watched it. This version will be a clean slate for me.

Like many of the commercial, TV and movie opportunities, you really do not know the whole background
    of the production until you are significantly into the negotiations. Once a significant time is already
    invested, it makes things more difficult to either "back out" or require extra production "limitations".

In the case of using the D Rex in this TV pilot, it was important to me to make sure the DeLorean Marque
    was not being used as the "butt" of jokes that included old, worn out (and not funny) drug references or
    anything about the DeLorean car being called a failure. However, there may be a few other bad jokes.

And with Christopher Lloyd in the cast, you know there had to be several BTTF references and jokes.

Later,
    Rich W.

Quote Originally Posted by SIMid View Post
    Since it has D-Rex and Chris Lloyd in it, I will watch it.

Never was a fan of the original, so I never really watched it. This version will be a clean slate for me.

D Rex Parked Next to the Coffee Shop (on set)

Attaching a photo that someone found (on the web) and sent it to me.

Photo is the D Rex parked (just around the corner) from the Coffee Shop set
    at the CBS Studios in Hollywood, on the last filming day, Monday, April 2.

Photo was taken just before the final setup, for the last "money shot" gag.

monstertruck_delorean_at_studio.jpg

The latest word on this TV pilot is that it is currently being "re-worked" and
    the pilot had not been initially picked up for the Fall 2012 season ... yet.

Later,
    Rich W.

No news on the ABC/Disney TV Pilot yet, but there was another "D Rex Sighting" of sorts in Hollywood recently.

A co-worker was on a Warner Brothers Studio Tour and they passed through a section that had dozens of photos
    of famous TV and Movie vehicles, and right "in the mix" of all these photos was a picture of the D Rex.

While the TV Pilot was an ABC/Disney production, we did film one day at the CBS Studios, but I am not sure how
    a connection was made to the Warner Brothers Studio, but I guess "That's Hollywood". Go Figure.

If someone here takes the Warner Brothers Studio Tour in the near future, keep an eye out for the D Rex picture
    and if you happen to see it on the tour, snap a photo of it and post it here.

Thanks,
    Rich W.

Kings of Van Nuys TV Pilot (re-tooled in Oct.) and still dropped by ABC

Well, it was a fun ride for 2012, but ABC has decided against the Kings of Van Nuys TV Pilot (formerly Only Fools and Horses),
    even after a significant re-work (early October) of the original filming, that took place in late March and early April of 2012.

Below are a few Hollywood story links, but basically all the same story...apparently the UK humor did not translate well to the US.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/abc-kings-v...225733069.html

http://www.deadline.com/2012/12/abcs...going-forward/

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/166031/...s-of-van-nuys/

With this ride officially over, I will post some additional info soon (for those who are interested) and additional behind-the-scenes
    photos of the filming at the CBS studios and the finale (the D Rex vs. Robosaurus) at the race-track.

Later,
    Rich W.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

That's a pity.

Admittedly it seemed an odd choice for a sitcom conversion, but I was interested to see how it turned out, not least to see the D-Rex on TV.

That's yahoo piece seemed to refer to two pilots being made. Were any of them aired or were they just for internal review/focus groups?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    That's a pity.

Admittedly it seemed an odd choice for a sitcom conversion, but I was interested to see how it turned out, not least to see the D-Rex on TV.

That's yahoo piece seemed to refer to two pilots being made. Were any of them aired or were they just for internal review/focus groups?

The original TV pilot was filmed from March 26 - April 6, 2012 and the re-worked (re-tooled) TV pilot was filmed the first week of October 2012.

Since the original executive producer (my primary contact) was not involved in the re-worked TV pilot, I am not sure how much of the original
    footage was retained for the "second" or re-worked TV pilot. The first pilot was screened for a few internal reviews and at least one focus group.

Internally, the reviews were mostly positive, however, some of the results from at least one focus group was mixed, at best.

The goal is to have some of the D Rex footage live on, but we will have to wait and see if that can be made to happen.

Later,
    Rich W.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    With this ride officially over, I will post some additional info soon (for those who are interested) and additional
    behind-the-scenes photos of the filming at the CBS studios and the finale (the D Rex vs. Robosaurus) at the race-track.

Later,
    Rich W.

Attaching a copy of the official OFAH Set Map for the first day of filming (D Rex vs. Robosaurus) at Irwindale Speedway.

OFAH-track-map.jpg

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast