FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The D Rex Goes to Hollywood !!

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Storyboard Artwork

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    With this ride officially over, I will post some additional info soon (for those who are interested) and additional
    behind-the-scenes photos of the filming at the CBS studios and the finale (the D Rex vs. Robosaurus) at the race-track.

Later,
    Rich W.

Some storyboard artwork from my first day of filming at Irwindale Racetrack (the D Rex vs. Robosaurus):

Robosaurus-artwork.JPG

Robo-Flames-artwork.JPG

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

More Storyboard Artwork

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Some storyboard artwork from my first day of filming at Irwindale Racetrack (the D Rex vs. Robosaurus):

Robosaurus-artwork.JPG

Robo-Flames-artwork.JPG

The D Rex vs. Robosaurus (first scene, when vehicles "meet")

D-Rex-vs-Robo-artwork.JPG

Mindy and Randy get Robosaurus's attention

Robo-Mindy-Randy-artwork.JPG

Note: Although I was not able to get photos of all the scenes from the storyboard artwork, I was able to get a few storyboard
    related photos I may post after selected storyboard artwork. Too bad Tamir did not make it out that day to take more photos.

Later,
    Rich W.

Two More Storyboard Artwork Images

Two more storyboard artwork images:

D-Rex-Del-Donnie-artwork.JPG

Del-Donnie-Robo-Flames-artwork.JPG

Note the spelling issues in the artwork...Del-boy (Del) spelled Dell, Donnie is spelled Donny and DeLorean is spelled Delorian.

Photos compared to Storyboard Artwork

The D Rex vs. Robosaurus (first scene, when vehicles "meet")

D-Rex-vs-Robo-artwork.JPG

D-Rex-vs-Robo-set-photo.jpg

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I'm having trouble working out how Robosaurus fits into the OFAH storyline that I knew from the UK.

It seems like it would belong in some sort of Godzilla type show. Was Delboy trying to sell it? Buy it? Was Del on drugs and hallucinating?

Was/is it a real thing or is it all just computer generated?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    I'm having trouble working out how Robosaurus fits into the OFAH storyline that I knew from the UK.

It seems like it would belong in some sort of Godzilla type show. Was Delboy trying to sell it? Buy it? Was Del on drugs and hallucinating?

Hopefully, the following text (sent to me) describes the TV Pilot (in more detail) as it was reviewed by someone in a focus group:

KINGS OF VAN NUYS (BUSTED ABC PILOT)
    (written by Brian Bradley & Steven Cragg; directed by Ted Wass; TRT: 22:19)

The network's description: "Meet the Trotters, Del (John Leguizamo) and Rodney (Dustin Ybarra), two brothers pursuing the American Dream.
    But while some folks work in office buildings, the Trotters do things differently, buying and selling discounted, discontinued and slightly damaged
    items out of the trunk of their '78 Pacer wagon. Most days, you can find them at The Regal Hound, a bar run by Del's ex-wife Ruby Ross
    (Wendi McLendon-Covey) which the boys often use as an office space. Del's the risk taker, always looking for a sweet deal, whether it's
    unbreakable pinatas, skinny jeans that are a little burned, or a DeLorean with monster truck wheels. He's got a million big ideas.
    And he's just one score away from becoming the next great captain of industry.

Rodney's the more conservative one, the voice of reason, who acts as Del's conscience. Raised by his brother, Rodney is constantly trying
    to get out of Del's shadow. And then there's grandpa, Jackie (Christopher Lloyd), a feisty former stunt man in his golden years, who thinks
    he's still got it. Even though their half-cocked scams and schemes usually leave the Trotter bank account running on empty, they'll be fine
    as long as they avoid the law and rely on each other. Based on Britain's all time favorite comedy, Steven Cragg & Brian Bradley
    (Scrubs, MadTV) adapt and executive produce this subversive new comedy about the slightly crooked path two brothers travel on the way
    to achieving success."

What did they leave out? The U.K. original, "Only Fools and Horses," ran for seven seasons between 1981 and 1991. That and for whatever
    reason Rodney has been renamed as Donnie.

The plot in a nutshell: "I got a line on a deal that's gonna make us so rich, you might actually become attractive to women," Del Trotter
    (John Leguizamo) explains to his sad sack brother Donnie (Dustin Ybarra). Said pact is bound to be better than their current gig
    (Donnie: "We buy crap and sell crap out of the back of a crappy car. We're basically the Latino 'Sanford and Son.'") and could even get
    them out of their ramshackle apartment which they share with their crotchety grandfather Jackie (Christpher Lloyd), a formerly retired
    stuntman looking to get back into the game. Unfortunately, this deal of a lifetime turns out to be buying a DeLorean retrofitted as a
    monster truck from fellow wannabe hustler Trigger Mills (B.J. Bales).

And despite Del's promises of it leading to greener pastures ("Del: State fairs, carnivals, quinceaneras and if they make 'Back to the Future 4'
    using monster trucks then baby we are set for life." Donnie: "Right, 'Back to the Future 4,' Christpher Lloyd's probably dead." Jackie: "Yeah,
    I think he is."), Donnie decides he's had enough of playing second fiddle to Del and opts to take a job at a friend's software company in Seattle.
    Del of course proves to be lost without Donnie, or as his firebrand ex-wife Ruby (Wendi McLendon-Covey) explains, "You are a stupid freight train
    of bad decisions and Donnie is the sad little conductor that keeps you from going off the rails." Ultimately, the brothers make up in time to clean up
    Del's latest mess: having the Monster Truck DeLorean face off against Robosaurus at a car show.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

OK, that finally makes some sense. Thanks Rich
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Another Photo compared to Storyboard Artwork

Armenian Mindy and Armenian Randy get Robosaurus's attention:

(Randy is in charge of the Armenian Mob. Mindy is Randy's daughter.)

Robo-Mindy-Randy-artwork.JPG

Robo-Mindy-Randy-set-photo.jpg

Del and Donnie in the D Rex (photo from slightly different view as the artwork):

D-Rex-Del-Donnie-artwork.JPG

D-Rex-Del-Donnie-set-photo.jpg

(Note: set photo included helmets)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post

No special effects. Robosaurus is Real. The Flames were Real (and really hot too, lol).

The Guys in D Rex vs. Robo Flames (photo from slightly different view as the artwork):

Del-Donnie-Robo-Flames-artwork.JPG

D-Rex-Robo-Flames-set-photo.jpg

Note: Lot's of behind-the-scenes work needed to be done, including calculating the anticipated length of the flames from Robosaurus,
    based upon the current weather conditions, wind speed, etc., as well as the pressure released from the on-board propane fuel tanks.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast