FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: State by State DeLorean Friendly Repair Shops?

State by State DeLorean Friendly Repair Shops?

Years ago, the DOA printed a small brochure listing auto repair shops that were "DeLorean friendly" in each state. These shops were, I assume, referred by DOA members whose cars had been repaired or serviced at the shops and who were satisfied enough to recommend the shops to other DeLorean owners.

Is there a way we can create an online version of such a list? I know of two shops in my area that I have used that are DeLorean friendly and which I would recommend to DeLorean owners traveling through Roanoke VA who may need emergency repairs.

I don't make many long trips in my DeLorean, but it would be helpful to have access to such a list while traveling. If I am going through WV, I have no idea where I could get a repair done, however if I get to Ohio, I know DPI and Baurele are options. There are likely several shops in most states that DeLorean owners could recommend to others traveling through if service is needed. My AAA Premier membership will get me a tow if needed for up to 200 miles. It would be great if we could have a national state by state list of shops that were no more than 200 miles apart.

Is there a place or way we can compile such a list and if so can it be kept up to date?

Thanks,

Rod

EDIT: Start of List

Louisiana: Jeff Cobb Autoworks in Baton Rouge, LA.
    Virginia: Abacus Racing, Virginia Beach VA (Contact: Rob)
    Florida: 1. DBI (Dungan Brooks Imports) of Jacksonville, Fl
    2. Foreign & Corvette Repair World, located inside the office park at 2108 Mears Parkway (one street SW of the intersection of St. Rd. 7/US441 & Copans Rd./Royal Palm Blvd.) in Margate, Florida (954-972-8410, ask for Nick the owner if he's in.)
    Ontario: Peter Hettinga at Guelph Import Service, and in Port Elgin you can try David Fenton at Lake Range Service
    Last edited by Mike C.; 03-30-2012 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Started a list- Mike

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Jeff Cobb Autoworks in Baton Rouge, LA.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Not to be pedantic, but if your AAA membership will cover a tow up to 200 miles, then the shops could be 400 miles apart. Possibly more do-able.

Don't know of any in GA at the moment (official businesses that is - local owners club members in any state would obviously help where they could)
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Only places I know in Ohio are DPI and Bauerle Automotive.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by rddmc View Post
    Years ago, the DOA printed a small brochure listing auto repair shops that were "DeLorean friendly" in each state. These shops were, I assume, referred by DOA members whose cars had been repaired or serviced at the shops and who were satisfied enough to recommend the shops to other DeLorean owners.

Is there a way we can create an online version of such a list? I know of two shops in my area that I have used that are DeLorean friendly and which I would recommend to DeLorean owners traveling through Roanoke VA who may need emergency repairs.

I don't make many long trips in my DeLorean, but it would be helpful to have access to such a list while traveling. If I am going through WV, I have no idea where I could get a repair done, however if I get to Ohio, I know DPI and Baurele are options. There are likely several shops in most states that DeLorean owners could recommend to others traveling through if service is needed. My AAA Premier membership will get me a tow if needed for up to 200 miles. It would be great if we could have a national state by state list of shops that were no more than 200 miles apart.

Is there a place or way we can compile such a list and if so can it be kept up to date?

Thanks,

Rod
    We have two rigs constantly on call ready to dispatch anywhere. As everyone knows with the price of gas we have been offering enclosed transport to our facility at cost. Just save the shop number 330 573 4129 on speed dial. I port it to my cell in the evenings and do my best to answer 24 hours a day.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Abacus Racing, Virginia Beach VA

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    We have two rigs constantly on call ready to dispatch anywhere. As everyone knows with the price of gas we have been offering enclosed transport to our facility at cost. Just save the shop number 330 573 4129 on speed dial. I port it to my cell in the evenings and do my best to answer 24 hours a day.
    It's funny. I may at some point want some extensive work on my car, and I was debating whether to send it to DMCFL, or you. This morning I figured it might be a good idea to see which of you is closer to me, since shipping would definitely play into it.

I am pretty much at the exact midpoint between you and DMCFL. They are 657 miles from me and you are 662. So much for that idea.

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

In our neck of the woods we have DBI (Dungan Brooks Imports) of Jacksonville Fl.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    It's funny. I may at some point want some extensive work on my car, and I was debating whether to send it to DMCFL, or you. This morning I figured it might be a good idea to see which of you is closer to me, since shipping would definitely play into it.

I am pretty much at the exact midpoint between you and DMCFL. They are 657 miles from me and you are 662. So much for that idea.
    We have a drop in the next few weeks coming up in NC so we would be half way there.! Plus we are a bit more affordable and throw in a lot of extra's because we are perfectionists here on everything we touch.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Josh that is good to know, I will keep your number in the car and hope that I never need it. My car has never let me down on a trip but I do worry about having to risk a repair while on the road at a shop that has never seen, much less worked on a DeLorean before.

My longest trip in the car since picking it up in Houston was to DMC Midwest which was 1600 miles round trip.

Rod

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast