FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: State by State DeLorean Friendly Repair Shops?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

State by State DeLorean Friendly Repair Shops?

Years ago, the DOA printed a small brochure listing auto repair shops that were "DeLorean friendly" in each state. These shops were, I assume, referred by DOA members whose cars had been repaired or serviced at the shops and who were satisfied enough to recommend the shops to other DeLorean owners.

Is there a way we can create an online version of such a list? I know of two shops in my area that I have used that are DeLorean friendly and which I would recommend to DeLorean owners traveling through Roanoke VA who may need emergency repairs.

I don't make many long trips in my DeLorean, but it would be helpful to have access to such a list while traveling. If I am going through WV, I have no idea where I could get a repair done, however if I get to Ohio, I know DPI and Baurele are options. There are likely several shops in most states that DeLorean owners could recommend to others traveling through if service is needed. My AAA Premier membership will get me a tow if needed for up to 200 miles. It would be great if we could have a national state by state list of shops that were no more than 200 miles apart.

Is there a place or way we can compile such a list and if so can it be kept up to date?

Thanks,

Rod

EDIT: Start of List

Louisiana: Jeff Cobb Autoworks in Baton Rouge, LA.
    Virginia: Abacus Racing, Virginia Beach VA (Contact: Rob)
    Florida: 1. DBI (Dungan Brooks Imports) of Jacksonville, Fl
    2. Foreign & Corvette Repair World, located inside the office park at 2108 Mears Parkway (one street SW of the intersection of St. Rd. 7/US441 & Copans Rd./Royal Palm Blvd.) in Margate, Florida (954-972-8410, ask for Nick the owner if he's in.)
    Ontario: Peter Hettinga at Guelph Import Service, and in Port Elgin you can try David Fenton at Lake Range Service
    Last edited by Mike C.; 03-30-2012 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Started a list- Mike