FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: State by State DeLorean Friendly Repair Shops?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark C View Post
    I think a lot of us here in the Southeast have the same dilemma. I am 600 miles from DMCFL, 700 from DPI, 750 from DMCMW, and 800 from DMCH. Seems like we're in a DMC dead zone in terms of major repair facilities. I don't know how the number of cars 'breaks down' across the country, but when you look at the US Regional Forums, SEDOC has the highest thread count. I think there is a case to be made for a DMCSE facility located somewhere in the North GA mountains, Dahlonega maybe?
    Okay so here's a deal for SEDOC:

Any DeLorean from that area that plans on spending $5,000 or more at DMCFL will get free enclosed shipping into the shop. My shipping company is based in central Florida, you car will not be in transit more than 2 days. You can then drive it home once completed or pay to ship it back for approximately $500 so you can look at it as $250 each way if you like.

I will keep this deal open for 90 days to see how it goes, call to schedule.

Tony Ierardi
    President
    DMC Florida
    239-495-8550

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark C View Post
    I think a lot of us here in the Southeast have the same dilemma. I am 600 miles from DMCFL, 700 from DPI, 750 from DMCMW, and 800 from DMCH. Seems like we're in a DMC dead zone in terms of major repair facilities.
    I've been saying for a while that Atlanta (or Georgia as a whole) is the perfect location for a DMCSE. I would try and start it myself if I had the funds.

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    I've been saying for a while that Atlanta (or Georgia as a whole) is the perfect location for a DMCSE. I would try and start it myself if I had the funds.
    DMCFL was going to be named DMC Southeast originally buy was named Florida for various reasons.

It's not about someone willing to or having the money, there will not be another DMC franchise in the Southeast other than DMCFL, mainly because there is not enough work for two stores.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

We can and will beat this option. Any owner on the east coast down to Georgia who plans on spending 3500.00 or more at DPI will have the option of free shipping to our facility. Our shipping company is in house and will pick up in 24 hours or less. Upon completion we will return the car to you enclosed for 800.00 or less (depending on fuel costs) or you can drive it home.

If multiple owners are interested we will do pick and drop options like we frequently do in Pittsburgh and NJ knocking the shipping costs down even further by keeping the trailer full both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCFL Tony View Post
    Okay so here's a deal for SEDOC:

Any DeLorean from that area that plans on spending $5,000 or more at DMCFL will get free enclosed shipping into the shop. My shipping company is based in central Florida, you car will not be in transit more than 2 days. You can then drive it home once completed or pay to ship it back for approximately $500 so you can look at it as $250 each way if you like.

I will keep this deal open for 90 days to see how it goes, call to schedule.

Tony Ierardi
    President
    DMC Florida
    239-495-8550
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

There was also Lawrence (Lomand ?) who moved his shop from MI to WI iirc. Haven't heard from him on here in a while. Anyone have any contact info?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    06960

Question

He moved to Kentucky. Not Wisconsin.
    Last edited by dmc6960; 03-31-2012 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Unsure how that question mark got in there...
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

My VIN:    5185

Club(s):   (RMDG)

Dana Haglin of Haglin Automotive in Boulder, Colorado is knowledgeable and has been working on DeLoreans in the Rocky Mountain region since 1981. Josh from DPI also has been known to fly out here (we comp air fare, lodging, and Chinese food) to help us out now and then. Josh is a perfectionist and does very good work.
    Peter
    Denver
    VIN 5185

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by Denver DMC View Post
    Dana Haglin of Haglin Automotive in Boulder, Colorado is knowledgeable and has been working on DeLoreans in the Rocky Mountain region since 1981. Josh from DPI also has been known to fly out here (we comp air fare, lodging, and Chinese food) to help us out now and then. Josh is a perfectionist and does very good work.
    Thanks Peter! I will be on my way out again soon! Dan wants help with a list of things and I need to assist an owner with a SPEC II engine we are completely here upon delivery.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

DeLorean Owner, Missouri jmrydholm's Avatar

My VIN:    10715

Lawrence Lormand is awesome, I can vouch for him personally! (I'm formerly of Michigan myself, now I live in MO.) Johnson County Automotive of Merriam, KS did a terrific job on my engine and fuel system repair last year. They also replaced my alternator and relays for me after I drop shipped them various parts.

Recommended service place for Delorean in Michigan ?

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Jeff Cobb Autoworks in Baton Rouge, LA.
    Anyone out here can offer a trusted mechanic in the Southeaster Michigan - Outside of Detroit - whom has worked on Delorean's and has passed the learning curve on these vehicles ? Lou

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast