FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

View Poll Results: Will DMCH have binnacles for sale by DCS 2012?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

7 28.00%
  • NO

18 72.00%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Will DMCH have binnacles for sale by DCS 2012?

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I hard the same thing as Admiral (there's another dmctalker I didn't meet )

SW seemed pretty genuine and frustrated at the process, particularly the D'oh Homer moment when the engineers were informed that the binnacle would be baked in the Texas sun.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    I hard the same thing as Admiral (there's another dmctalker I didn't meet )

SW seemed pretty genuine and frustrated at the process, particularly the D'oh Homer moment when the engineers were informed that the binnacle would be baked in the Texas sun.
    Hi Dermot! I saw you walking around but never managed to catch you for some reason (the same thing happened with Bob Gale, he just kept vanishing whenever I saw him). I think I may have my username changed to Adam S. since that's my actual name. I was also dumbfounded that the plastics engineers just totally missed the whole "HOT SUN DASHBOARD" part of this project... HOW DO YOU MISS THAT?!

And yeah, I understand the waiting frustration. What I was getting at is that Stephen was under the impression that development work was done and he'd have product within a few months. Then that turned into a year. Then that turned into another "few months" situation that ended up not happening and then they just started saying "we're working on it, be patient" because things kept getting pushed back. Finally here we are in 2012, they really are at 99% completion (this is something like the sixth major 'scrap it and start over' revision of this project) and the damned factory just closes up and moves without a word, leaving us without samples!

Delorean03, thanks for the thanks. And yes, I am one of those people who specifically decided to wait until these were done because my binnacle isn't really that bad. Knowing that this time Stephen is actually satisfied with them makes me feel like I was right to wait.
    Aka Adam S, aka Adam Wright
    1981 DMC-12 #3416, mothballed in preparation for motor swap
    2006 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Well if you are Adam S, then I did see you a couple of times but just didnt make the connection. 😁. Next time.

When I am buying something work related, one of the first things in the specs is ambient data ( temps, pressures etc) Maybe DMCH didn't do that but more likely the design engineer skipped that page assuming the product was for an indoor application (who the hell used the term binnacle outside of us anyway).

Some of the stuff I buy has to be suitable for 2000F+ and occasionally we get proposals for items good for only 180f but we usually catch it before it turns into a puddle of plastic.

More importantly I want to see how the new binnacles and dashes fit and look together and I am sure I am not the only person needing both. If the pattern and grain don't match it will look off.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6