FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Resurrection of 6410!

My VIN:    6410

The Resurrection of 6410!

Hello everyone! I have decided to start this thread to show what I'm planning on doing and am doing to my D 6410. She is currently pretty sad shape as I'm sure you can tell from the pictures! These are my starting pics. I am going to install a 3.0L Eagle PRV with EFI ran via megasquirt which will also control ignition. My goal is to drive her to DCS this year! I know I have a lot to do in less then 2 months but following Doc Browns advice "If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything!" lets see what both me and my D are made of! I will post pics of the new engine thats already 85% assembled and the ECU thats also complete in a later post!
    Attached Images

ENGINE! These are the photos of my engine build.
    Attached Images

ELECTRONICS! Heres some of my ECU assymbly and the new fuse and relay compartment for just engine control.
    Attached Images

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

HOLY CRAP! That car needs some work. Good luck with it!!

PREVIOUS DISASSEMBLY! Here are some pics of some disassembly from the past. Due to family problems, issues with school and work its been 3 YEARS sense I have done anything to my D. I feel asshamed for abandoning her like I did but now is the time for her to shine!

DeLoDave, 6410
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Burns View Post
    HOLY CRAP! That car needs some work. Good luck with it!!
    Thanks Im gonna need something! Especially if I want to reach my goal!

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by davidrucker11387 View Post
    Thanks Im gonna need something! Especially if I want to reach my goal!
    That "something" is called "money".

Well most of the ugly-ness is just cosmetic most of the mechanics are either new or have been replaced or still in their packages ready for the install. The only major part that i still need to order is a torque converter and some small things like mounts and bolts etc... Did you get your A/C and coolant situations fixed?

Ok just got back in from working on the D. Todays update is not nearly as much as I wanted. My daily driver had a crank sensor die. So that put me starting on the D at about 8. I got the pass side rear ss panel removed and finished cleaning up the engine bay, its now ready for paint. The remainder of the stainless is also ready to have the paint stripped off. So far under the paint I have only found 2 bondo spots but they are small and so far I would rather live with the couple of spots and let the stainless shine instead of paint it again. I'll post pics sometime tomorrow. Goodnight everyone!

My VIN:    1225

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by davidrucker11387 View Post
    Hello everyone! I have decided to start this thread to show what I'm planning on doing and am doing to my D 6410. She is currently pretty sad shape as I'm sure you can tell from the pictures! These are my starting pics. I am going to install a 3.0L Eagle PRV with EFI ran via megasquirt which will also control ignition. My goal is to drive her to DCS this year! I know I have a lot to do in less then 2 months but following Doc Browns advice "If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything!" lets see what both me and my D are made of! I will post pics of the new engine thats already 85% assembled and the ECU thats also complete in a later post!
    "If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything!

Was actually a quote from Marty McFly

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088763/quotes?qt=qt0416289

But thats cool that you gonna start the restoration, Looks like a lot of work Good Luck!!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast