FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Resurrection of 6410!

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by sadeeky View Post
    "If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything!

Was actually a quote from Marty McFly
    No, it's not. Marty himself was quoting Doc. The first time it's heard in the movie, Jennifer started the sentence with, "It's like Doc's always saying..." and Marty finished it, quoting Doc.

Marty also used the same quote on his father back in 1955, which is why George says it to Marty at the end of Part I.
    Last edited by ccurzio; 04-03-2012 at 12:07 PM.

My VIN:    573

Wow, an other D is getting back to live. Good luck on the resurrection.

Don
    Douglas Adams:
    „The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that
    when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.“

My VIN:    1225

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    No, it's not. Marty himself was quoting Doc. The first time it's heard in the movie, Jennifer started the sentence with, "It's like Doc's always saying..." and Marty finished it, quoting Doc.

Marty also used the same quote on his father back in 1955, which is why George says it to Marty at the end of Part I.
    Wow Dude you really go technical with that one. Bro I was going of the IMDB Link, WOW!!! How many times did you see that movie?

My VIN:    6410

Thanks for all the well wishes! I will hopefully tackle the final engine assembly in the next night or 2!

PAINT STRIPPING!
    Ok, So the past couple days I have started stripping the paint off of the car. I have discovered that the best process for this is to strip the top 2 layers with paint stripper, I am using Tal-Strip from MarHyde, and then blast the remaining base coats and primers off with my Soda Blaster. The soda blaster has not harmed the stainless and the large areas that I have tried it thus far. It uses baking soda instead of sand of glass for the blast media is amazing. I have even blasted several of the plastic trim pieces with it causing NO damage to them and it makes them look quite good actually! I am currently out of soda at the moment so the rest of the striping will have to wait. The soda blaster will go all the way through the paint with out using the chemical stripper but its slow and uses a lot of media. Pictures are attached and I have a video that I will upload later tonight. The Hood, Both fenders, most of both doors, and the passenger quarter panel are ready to be blasted. The T-Panel is completely done! Under the paint i have found 'bondo' on both doors and both rear quarter panels, however they are covering some dings and dents but nothing serious as of yet. I figure that once I get it all off and regrain it that it wont be all that noticeable.
    Attached Images

My VIN:    3816

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by davidrucker11387 View Post
    ELECTRONICS! Heres some of my ECU assymbly and the new fuse and relay compartment for just engine control.
    Yeahhh, nothing like Wendy's and solder fumes
    -Ben-

Short Blasting Video, just to show how it works. Will have a better longer one up later.

http://youtu.be/ONM4W82c-8k

My VIN:    16419

good luck You car is nine vehicles earlier than mine, 6419 here. Have fun, it is a full project. Been redesigning and working on my interior and stereo for 4 months off and on.

My VIN:    05141

That is a cool video.. This will only work on paint that has already been "eaten off" by chemicals, but it works.
    Good luck with the restoration!

John

Steering with power

It will eat off the paint without using the chemical stripper but it takes a little longer and uses more blast media. I found it easiest to do a light chemical strip and then finish off with the blaster. Hopefully next Monday with be engine day! Soon as my new torque converter is in I hope to have the engine and tranny installed shortly after.

Quote Originally Posted by john 05141 View Post
    That is a cool video.. This will only work on paint that has already been "eaten off" by chemicals, but it works.
    Good luck with the restoration!

John

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast