My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

That video is only 47 seconds long.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Burns View Post
    Is at 17:30 in this video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    That video is only 47 seconds long.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

Oops, that was the wrong link. Sorry about that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfbdF...ure=plpp_video

The video wont share on here (which is why I posted the link instead).

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

"Plated in solid gold."

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

Pretty nice piece, although a few things didn't seem right. First, wasn't the American Express promo pretty much in the height of DMC's success(last quarter of '81), and not a "last ditch" effort to save the company? Also, I didn't think Margaret Thatcher was in power when DMC received it's first funding, but was elected much later. Another thing, I thought the British Government pretty much pulled the plug BEFORE the arrest, not after or because of it.

No wonder the public is so screwed up on Delorean history, every "expert" tells a different story.
    Last edited by Michael; 04-02-2012 at 07:48 PM.

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Another thing, I thought the British Government pretty much pulled the plug BEFORE the arrest, not after or because of it.

No wonder the public is so screwed up on Delorean history, every "expert" tells a different story.
    Not quite so. Sir Kenneth Cork had worked with other politicians to formulate a last-ditch effort to save DMC. The British Government was going to throw another £80M into the DeLorean project, as well as the Triumph TR8, it's intellectual property rights, tooling, and it's factory and staff. With a $20M investment from JZD personally to ensure he had a finanical interest in DMC's success as well as a seat on DMC's board and the inclusion of the TR8 as either a Triumph or re-branded DeLorean car to ensure English jobs were saved as well. After the arrest the entire plug was pulled. Sad too since JZD had a $10M check on his desk waiting for a signature, but he instead opted to fly out to California. He was half-way there.

Now admittedly most people aren't even aware of all this. So while the article might have this right, they simply were accurate for the wrong reasons.

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

Quote Originally Posted by the Narrator
    "...the DeLorean features a distinctive brushed steel body."
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    Not quite so. Sir Kenneth Cork had worked with other politicians to formulate a last-ditch effort to save DMC. The British Government was going to throw another £80M into the DeLorean project, as well as the Triumph TR8, it's intellectual property rights, tooling, and it's factory and staff. With a $20M investment from JZD personally to ensure he had a finanical interest in DMC's success as well as a seat on DMC's board and the inclusion of the TR8 as either a Triumph or re-branded DeLorean car to ensure English jobs were saved as well. After the arrest the entire plug was pulled. Sad too since JZD had a $10M check on his desk waiting for a signature, but he instead opted to fly out to California. He was half-way there.

Now admittedly most people aren't even aware of all this. So while the article might have this right, they simply were accurate for the wrong reasons.
    My info came from the Car Crash documentary which I pretty much have memorized. I always took at as gospel as many of the people interviewed were involved deeply and lived it. There are just too many different stories floating around to put too much stock in any one, but your version seems as plausible as any other.

Starting at 6:10. The video tells a different story saying that Cork would have like to have found an investor as he said it was salvageable, but not at further risk to the British Government.

And in the same video at 3:15-4:15 we see events leading up to the actual statement relayed from M.T.(at 4:00 mark) pulling the funding on DMC...which happened in early '82

I believe the check on the day of his arrrest (I can't remember where I read this) was indeed a loan, but not from the British Government.
    Last edited by Michael; 04-02-2012 at 08:34 PM.