FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Apr 14 get-together

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    What happened on April 14th?
    I envy you -- you seem to have missed the endless stream of media hype surrounding the 100th anniversary of the sinking of RMS Titanic. Late at night on April 14, 1912, it struck an iceberg. It sank the following morning. Years later, James Cameron made a forgettable movie vaguely about the ship, which featured bad character acting and one, possibly two, breasts. It was re-released in 3D last month, presumably for any 15-year-old girl who hasn't seen the film yet. The re-release includes adjusted stars to be astronomically correct for the time, and the same five minutes of still-forgettable crooning by a Canadian singer named Celine Dion, who is now based in Las Vegas and worth millions. It also includes the breasts, except in China.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    A tech day in Louisiana
    Wanna come?

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    I envy you -- you seem to have missed the endless stream of media hype surrounding the 100th anniversary of the sinking of RMS Titanic. Late at night on April 14, 1912, it struck an iceberg. It sank the following morning. Years later, James Cameron made a forgettable movie vaguely about the ship, which featured bad character acting and one, possibly two, breasts. It was re-released in 3D last month, presumably for any 15-year-old girl who hasn't seen the film yet. The re-release includes adjusted stars to be astronomically correct for the time, and the same five minutes of still-forgettable crooning by a Canadian singer named Celine Dion, who is now based in Las Vegas and worth millions. It also includes the breasts, except in China.
    I don't watch television.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Wanna come?
    Got a wrestling tournament that weekend or else I still wouldn't.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

I don't watch television.
    ... or listen to the radio, or read newspapers or magazines, or use the Internet.

Come on, Steve. If you're gonna bullshit people, bullshit all the way.

Got a wrestling tournament that weekend or else I still wouldn't.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

In all honesty, Id love to hang with the LA crew but its a tough sell to the wife and kid.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

Banned

In all honesty, Id love to hang with the LA crew but its a tough sell to the wife and kid.
    Maybe both of our clubs can meet up one day. It would be awesome to do and we could meet somewhere that is semi half way like Mobile. I know of a couple of guys in Mobile that could probably host an event for us.

Well then, maybe us Gulf Coast folks will just have to come up to one of the SEDOC gatherings some day.

Edit: or what Steve said above.

There will not be enough people at our get-together to warrant a comparison, especially if no one is killed.

P.S. - For a list of meaningless April 14 coincidences, not all of them tragic, click here.
    that's awesome. Gotta admit its pretty funny. Nice synopsis of the film BTW. I'm ashamed to admit I've seen the 3d rerelease, the 3d is pretty well done. Celine Dion still sucks though.

Sorry to but in with a joke, I just had to. I hope you guys have a great meet up!

-James

Banned

... or listen to the radio, or read newspapers or magazines, or use the Internet.

Come on, Steve. If you're gonna bullshit people, bullshit all the way.

Radio - The Delorean has been in the shop for almost 3 weeks and my Geo Metro does not have a functioning antenna. I listen to Pandora and music CDs when I am in the Metro unless I am really close to a radio tower.

News - As far is news goes I get most of my news information from news.google.com. I glance the headlines once a day and if I see something that sparks my interest I click on it and read some. If I want to check the accuracy of what I am reading (most of the USA media is biased) I then move over to BBC World News and lookup the topic of interest to read the truth.

It is very possibly that I may have skipped past a Titanic article over the past couple of days, but frankly the Titanic is of no interest to me so I would have done just that, skipped over it.

Well then, maybe us Gulf Coast folks will just have to come up to one of the SEDOC gatherings some day.

Edit: or what Steve said above.
    I went to one about a year ago and although I do like to misbehave, Sean was really cool to me and so was the rest of the klan.

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    that's awesome. Gotta admit its pretty funny. Nice synopsis of the film BTW. I'm ashamed to admit I've seen the 3d rerelease, the 3d is pretty well done. Celine Dion still sucks though.
    I saw the first release once at the theather when I was a kid. A friends mom dragged me to it. I saw it once and that was enough for me. I already knew how the movie was going to end before I even saw the movie anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2