FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: RMS Titanic and the DeLorean

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

RMS Titanic and the DeLorean

(I prepped this last week, planning to post on Friday, but we know what happened then......)

Sunday, as you probably can’t fail to have seen on TV was the 100th anniversary of the Titanic’s sinking, arguably the most famous cruise liner in the world, designed and built at Belfast Shipyard.

But perhaps you didn’t know that the Shipyard is located only about 7 miles from where your DeLorean was built and and the Titanic slipway is located just across the waterway from where the cars would be loaded on their transport ship 70 years later. Perhaps the great-grandchild of one of the men who built the ship also built your car.

For many years, the Titanic was something that wasn’t really talked about in N Ireland, at least not with any real pride. However finally, the province has worked out what a potential tourist attraction it could be (possibly after the huge success of the 1997 movie) and have established a Titanic Exhibition, within the revitalized Titanic Quarter, with recreations of various themes of the ship and the design offices

http://www.discovernorthernireland.c...Height=120&Bg=

http://www.titanicbelfast.com/Naviga...xperience.aspx

http://www.titanic-quarter.com/herit...p?ID=20&CID=20

Perhaps in another 70 years there will be a DeLorean Quarter, but probably only if someone makes a successful movie about the car.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

if i ever go to Belfast, im definitely stopping by that Titanic museum. i thoroughly enjoy learning about history.
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

My VIN:    3750

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Dermot,

Thanks for sharing this info, the master plan for the Titanic Quarter is very intriguing.

Mike S

My VIN:    7075

When we have been on Eurofest, we saw the Titanic quarter and the exhibition too. After the exhibition in the next building, there are the 50k miles Delorean test car and the first wood mock up made by Giugiaro. Unfortunately we could not see the wood car.
    Attached Images

My VIN:    05141

Been there, done that. Was indeed a very nice experience.
    I just could not understand why Eurofest did not give more attention to Titanic at the year of its celebration and at the site of Titanic??? On the first day there was Delorean racing event in the shadow of the cranes of H&W. The next day we went to a go-cart event . We left in 5 minutes and tried to discover some Titanic related things to visit, which was not that difficult. There a lots of great things to see in Belfast. If there is a Eurofest in 4 years I will certainly go but I will probably make my own schedule to see more great things there.

John

Steering with power

My VIN:    4087

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by john 05141 View Post
    Been there, done that. Was indeed a very nice experience.
    I just could not understand why Eurofest did not give more attention to Titanic at the year of its celebration and at the site of Titanic??? On the first day there was Delorean racing event in the shadow of the cranes of H&W. The next day we went to a go-cart event . We left in 5 minutes and tried to discover some Titanic related things to visit, which was not that difficult. There a lots of great things to see in Belfast. If there is a Eurofest in 4 years I will certainly go but I will probably make my own schedule to see more great things there.

John

The main thing down at Titanic quarter is the dry dock where it was fitted out, its a pity you didnt get to see it.

Apart from that, there isnt much else, its only recently they have started trying to make money from the whole thing (and I think the dry dock is now fenced off! A few years ago you could have got down into it very easily)

The H&W cranes were put there in the 60's/70's and have nothing to do with the ship.