FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Twin Turbo or Stage 3 Upgrade On PRV

My VIN:    1170,1361,1383,2165,3773

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I have a the bae turbo and twin island turbo. Both are quite a bit faster then my stock deloreans. Both can be a bolt on kit but if you want to run more then 5-6 lbs you should have the motor built to handle the boost. Both mine were done buy the previous owners. So as price I can not tell you but well worth doing. The twin turbo is two small turbos with little lag. The bae is one turbo with some lag time. There is not a huge difference between the two.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    At the crank.
    Got ya. Still pretty darn impressive! Well... except for that 130 stock, haha.

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Josh, what about the bhp for the spec 1 with the cat delete pipe? That's the setup I've got my eyes on for when I'm done redoing my a/c.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    Josh, what about the bhp for the spec 1 with the cat delete pipe? That's the setup I've got my eyes on for when I'm done redoing my a/c.
    I will have accurate numbers shortly. Currently everything is calculated from rwhp. As I just invested in an engine dyno for test firing and certifying each build we send out the door.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

I just invested in an engine dyno for test firing and certifying each build we send out the door.
    nice. very nice.
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

My VIN:    02261

Quoting myself.

Quote Originally Posted by outatym2001 View Post
    There are no twin turbo DeLoreans that I know of here in the Pacific Northwest DeLorean Club so I don’t know what they are like to operate and maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by denis45700 View Post
    I have a the bae turbo and twin island turbo. Both are quite a bit faster then my stock deloreans.
    So I sit here corrected. I did not know of anyone (until now) in the PNDC who owns a twin turbo D. I’ve never met him so I hope one day he will bring them out to a club function. And, on top of that I had no idea anyone owns more than two DeLoreans at the same time.
    Mark Vanyo
    Links to DeLorean related web sites!
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?19...s-Part-I-of-II.

My VIN:    SCEDT26TXBD001292 SCEDT26T6DD020098

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

I will have accurate numbers shortly. Currently everything is calculated from rwhp. As I just invested in an engine dyno for test firing and certifying each build we send out the door.
    Awesome Josh...I can't wait to see what my car will produce when your done with her.
    - Josh

SCEDT26TXBD001292: Black 5 spd - Holley EFI 3.0L PRV - Custom TwinTurbo by DeLorean Industries
    SCEDT26T6DD020098: Grey 5 spd - K-Jet CIS 2.85L PRV

Josh's 3.0 build will be the last "one off" system we produce. Mainly because everyone that sees it wants one too. This is fine but it is extremely time consuming to do it right. Being a perfectionist makes it even worse. After this everything for owners will be manufactured in quantity by SW. Aka our twin turbo system a few of you have had a chance to enjoy so far. For warranty reasons module replaceable components is important. As much as I like spending weeks building custom kits, it just doesn't make sense from a business standpoint. I learned early on these were very demanding to produce and have always kept quite only elaborating when asked.

I had already sworn off these custom builds when Josh contacted me last year. He was dealing with the common issue of a rotting cooling system on his 3.0 crate motor swap. I was set back by everything he had figured out for himself on the install, EFI etc and decided this would be a great last one off project to take the rest of the way.

Here is a picture from a while back. Everything is out at Jet Hot right now being coated. (IE turbine housing, all exhaust components etc.) Don't mind the ugly AC compressor. There for mock up use only.
    Planning on having this one up and running at the start of June.

I will really struggle tuning this thing in under 300bhp. PRV's love boost but this must be a reliable daily driver in Az with high ambient temperatures to begin with. Also switched to EDIS and Josh installed meth injection prior to dropping it off.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Delorean Industries; 04-28-2012 at 08:01 AM.

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

Very nice build! The Eagle Premier engine seems to be very popular in the last few years.

It is the future of gasoline powered DMC-12's.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast