FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I hate it when my engine dies while I'm driving.

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

another possibility is that your filter screen is getting clogged or your pick up line is kinking. Drive with the radio off for a while, the pump will get very loud before it dies if this is what is happening, you should be able to hear it.

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

My car would periodically die. Sometimes it would start, multiple times it got pulled home or rode the flatbed.

I think (fingers crossed) that I traced the problem to faulty grounds. On a couple occasions it would restart when I moved a ground. One time the car was totally dead due to a bad ground on the trailing arm.

I ran a ground bus throughout the vehicle. The ground cluster just up from your accelerator foot is particularly bad and is the one grounding the fuel pump. Once I increased the ground at that cluster,the volt gauge read properly.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by TTait View Post
    another possibility is that your filter screen is getting clogged or your pick up line is kinking. Drive with the radio off for a while, the pump will get very loud before it dies if this is what is happening, you should be able to hear it.
    See my thread here regarding engine quitting while driving and a kinking fuel pickup hose.

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

So at last weekends tech session I checked my rest pressure again and it's definately not holding. Come to find out that when I replaced the o-ring on the PPV I used regular black rubber instead of viton which is fuel safe. The regular black rubber will break down over time.

I'm headed to the hardware stire this afternoon to get the appropriate o-ring, unfortunately/fortunately I'm driving my car today so I cant take it apart to bring it with me. Anyone know the exact size of that o-ring.

Cheers.
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    03572

Original size is 2.00 mm ID and 4.00 mm OD. But I don't think you will find a Viton one locally.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Original size is 2.00 mm ID and 4.00 mm OD. But I don't think you will find a Viton one locally.
    Thanks for the info...

Rumor has it the Ace Hardware is a good possibility. I'll let you know.

Cheers.
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2