FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the difference of lowering springs

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Just as a side note, the stock springs have the spring rate as the eibach springs, they're just shorter. In addition, the rear eibach springs are nearly identical in height to the stock originals. I've talked to several people who have swapped their stock front springs to the rear and just purchased new front lowering springs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Just as a side note, the stock springs have the spring rate as the eibach springs, they're just shorter. In addition, the rear eibach springs are nearly identical in height to the stock originals. I've talked to several people who have swapped their stock front springs to the rear and just purchased new front lowering springs.
    Do know if the Uk springs have a differant rating. If so I'll go that rought.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Not quite. Here is a photo of OE vs Eibach. The tall ones to the right are the rears.

OE vs Eibach.jpg
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Well have placed my order with DPI. Front lowering springs, Spax shocks, LCA support brackets and new poly sway bar bushings. I'll let you know how it goes when I get everything installed.

My VIN:    04915

Rear tire wear on a lowered D

As I was walking by 4915 today I snapped these pics. The rear has been lowered with Spax adjustable shocks. After 5k miles on the Mastercraft Avenger tires I don't see any uneven wear.

002.jpg001.jpg
    Jack Skeens

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
    As I was walking by 4915 today I snapped these pics. The rear has been lowered with Spax adjustable shocks. After 5k miles on the Mastercraft Avenger tires I don't see any uneven wear.

002.jpg001.jpg
    How much did you lower the rear with the shocks?

My VIN:    04915

Quote Originally Posted by dmc3130 View Post
    How much did you lower the rear with the shocks?
    The rear was already lowered about 2 inches with shorter springs. I lowered it an additional 1 inch with the spax shocks. It's the weirdest thing ... before I put the Spax shocks on the front tires would sometimes rub the fenders in a turn. After lowering the rear more it caused the front to rise a little thereby eliminating the rubbing up front ... I mean I can't make it rub now ... weird.
    Jack Skeens

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
    The rear was already lowered about 2 inches with shorter springs. I lowered it an additional 1 inch with the spax shocks. It's the weirdest thing ... before I put the Spax shocks on the front tires would sometimes rub the fenders in a turn. After lowering the rear more it caused the front to rise a little thereby eliminating the rubbing up front ... I mean I can't make it rub now ... weird.
    Maybe the new shocks are a bit stiffer too?
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    4656

I eventually plan on lowering mine as well. Is there a problem with taking the existing front springs and move them to the back when replacing the front with shorter ones?

My VIN:    11596

You might want to just lower the front and put adjustable shocks in the back using stock springs. I have Grady front springs and midstate dmc shocks. I think it looks perfect but not "slammed".

Andy

Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast