FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Whats the difference of lowering springs

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Von_Bron View Post
    I didn't realise that the lowers were no longer available. As requested here are some photos of them fitted.

Mmmmmmm, 4 piston vented brakes

Are the stainless LCA's stronger than the originals? I'm only wondering because to my eye they look rather thin. Do they also improve the handling as well?
    2004 Acura RSX Type S - Daily Driver
    1964 Chevrolet Impala SS - No, not a lowrider

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Von_Bron View Post
    I didn't realise that the lowers were no longer available. As requested here are some photos of them fitted.
    Thank you very much for the pictures
    Let's hope someday, it will be available again?

My VIN:    05255

Quote Originally Posted by Squall67584 View Post
    Mmmmmmm, 4 piston vented brakes

Are the stainless LCA's stronger than the originals? I'm only wondering because to my eye they look rather thin. Do they also improve the handling as well?
    I did mean to weigh them so unaware of the weight compared to stock. I've not found any improvement with handling and wasn't expecting too. I wanted a material that wouldn't rust and these fulfil this nicely. I'm not sure if they are as strong as stock or not but for normal road use I'm sure they'll be fine.

My VIN:    3004

Club(s):   (DCF)

I'd love to see a pic comparison between DPI's, DMCH's and Hervey's springs.

Well I finished most of the install of My lowering springs From DPI. I'm still witing on the LCA support brackets that were on back order. I went with the Spax shock on the 4 corners and DPI front lowering springs. While I was in there I repainted the rear springs and collars. Also repainted the front brake calipars, cleaned what I could and put it all back together. Here are the befor and after pics.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by dmc3130 View Post
    Well I finished most of the install of My lowering springs From DPI. I'm still witing on the LCA support brackets that were on back order. I went with the Spax shock on the 4 corners and DPI front lowering springs. While I was in there I repainted the rear springs and collars. Also repainted the front brake calipars, cleaned what I could and put it all back together. Here are the befor and after pics.
    Here are some under ther car pics
    Attached Images

My VIN:    16793

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Quick lowering springs question...

Living in NYC I am lucky enough to have some of the smoothest roads in the world. Wait... reverse that. My question is specifically about potholes. I have used the "I have original springs because of potholes" excuse long enough and am curious if anyone has any input on whether my clearance will be sufficient enough when lowered for NYC roads? I want to improve my comfort and handling (will be going with power steering mod and power break mod). Any thoughts?
    DeLorean VIN 16793 - 1983
    Loving my power steering!

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Quote Originally Posted by kajcienski View Post
    Living in NYC I am lucky enough to have some of the smoothest roads in the world. Wait... reverse that. My question is specifically about potholes. I have used the "I have original springs because of potholes" excuse long enough and am curious if anyone has any input on whether my clearance will be sufficient enough when lowered for NYC roads? I want to improve my comfort and handling (will be going with power steering mod and power break mod). Any thoughts?
    IMO, the lowered front end is NOT compatible with NYC roads. (Source: I am originally from NY and drive a lowered D)
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    5625

Quote Originally Posted by dmc6960 View Post
    Absolutely not. Do it. In my opinion its the best. I've been running with lowered front springs for 2 years, rear is stock height. Couldn't be happier.
    I'm thinking about doing the same thing. Just replacing the shocks and springs in the front and leaving the back stock. Does anyone have any pictures of what that looks like? I'm considering pj Grady lowered front springs.
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    I'm thinking about doing the same thing. Just replacing the shocks and springs in the front and leaving the back stock. Does anyone have any pictures of what that looks like? I'm considering pj Grady lowered front springs.
    See post 45 and 46. I did just that.......Love it

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast