Hey guys,

I decided to get a new brake booster as I felt my car's brake performance had declined over the last few months and pedal effort was higher than I remember before. After a quick test of driving around the block, then disconnecting and plugging the vacuum supply to the brake booster before another lap around the block; it was very easy to tel that my brake assist from the booster was pretty much gone. So a few days later a new booster arrived from DPI:

Wasn't fun to install but not the worst job, I was able to get the old out and the new in without opening the hydraulic circuits, just gently pulling the master cylinder to the side. Impressions: The brakes were much more powerful again. Far less effort required, however the first 25% of brake application feels more sensitive than the original booster, not in a bad way but it something to get used to. I was able to compare it side by side with an original booster and the DPI does feel lighter to the touch.

Continuing with brakes, Ive been trying a new Mazda Miata configuration: 2001+ 1.8 Sport brakes which I now feel is superior to the regular 1.8 miata brakes.

larger calipers which still bolt onto the Shattenkirk brackets.

270mm rotors, are a little bigger than the regular 1.8 and obviously bigger and vented over stock.

1.8 vs 1.8 Sport:

Being a larger set up it will not fit in a 14" wheel and its actually kind of tight in a DMC 15" wheel, a tight group of fitting was needed to clear. So some more development required but im quite happy with the performance of this caliper. For those of you wondering about the Stoptech kit I had, Im still going to use it, but im waiting to get a new custom sized caliper set so I can go four wheel StopTech.