Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: NEW Integrated pump sender combo!

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (TXDMC)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCH James View Post
    It's a not a kit per se, but it would come as shown here with a new pump, two new hoses (you'll cut the old ones off), a new in-tank filter (while you're in there) and a loaner set of pliers to get the hoses on. We don't have any written instructions for this. but it's pretty straightforward and we can walk you through it easy enough.

Attachment 45445
    Well having already disassembled the pump last night its not too bad and those are the three parts I identified I needed. Just removing those hoses can be a bit of a pain.
    Can you send me an email so we can get shipping and stuff figured out. Thanks James

jschattenkirk@gmail.com

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Are those pliers for unlocking the Feed/Return quick couplers on top of the assembly?

Dennis
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE I, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID sealed beam style headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, Mid-State Club Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, GENUINE MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

DMC Texas 800-872-3621 or +1-281-441-2537 DMCH James's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 10570 and 6776, now tasked with maintaining 2932

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Well having already disassembled the pump last night its not too bad and those are the three parts I identified I needed. Just removing those hoses can be a bit of a pain.
    Can you send me an email so we can get shipping and stuff figured out. Thanks James

jschattenkirk@gmail.com
    Sent.
    James Espey, Vice President
    DeLorean Motor Company (Texas)
    http://www.delorean.com

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (TXDMC)

As a follow up James has put together the parts and will be shipping them shortly. Seems this is resolved. Thanks James.

Without the deposit charge for the pliers, it is about $80 in parts which is not too bad.

Ill still run the alternative pump but rebuild my existing one for a backup which will give some extra piece of mind on road trips.

My VIN:    1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCH James View Post
    It's a not a kit per se, but it would come as shown here with a new pump, two new hoses (you'll cut the old ones off), a new in-tank filter (while you're in there) and a loaner set of pliers to get the hoses on. We don't have any written instructions for this. but it's pretty straightforward and we can walk you through it easy enough.

Attachment 45445
    When my fuel pump died suddenly a couple of months ago, James hooked me up with the replacement parts above and the car has been running fine since. The new hoses are kind of a pain to put on with the pliers, but a little bearing grease helps in that regard. I would add that it's a great time to drain and re-wipe out your fuel tank when installing, especially if your pickup filter is as bad as mine was.
    IMG_1153.jpg

James, thanks once again for your help with that!
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17