FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Integrated pump sender combo!

My VIN:    6679

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    I'm chiming in on this with a different view point. This like everything in the past is a band aid for a poor original design. It's time to think outside of the box and replace the complete fuel cell and pump configuration entirely.
    Mr Fusion only powered the time circuits and flux capacitor...
    Chris

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by Tillsy View Post
    Mr Fusion only powered the time circuits and flux capacitor...
    If I had that at my disposal I wouldn't be playing with deloreans.

Finally finish my iron man suit.....
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    2953

Got the new setup installed in my DeLorean a few nights ago. I have to say, it is very quiet. I first filled it up with 5 gallons and let the car idle for a bit. Yesterday, I finally drove to a gas station and filled up. It took roughly 9.3 gallons but the gauge won't go higher than a few hairs above 1/2 tank.
    Matt
    Frostburg, MD

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Got the new setup installed in my DeLorean a few nights ago. I have to say, it is very quiet. I first filled it up with 5 gallons and let the car idle for a bit. Yesterday, I finally drove to a gas station and filled up. It took roughly 9.3 gallons but the gauge won't go higher than a few hairs above 1/2 tank.
    Untangle the static line from the sender float. 😋
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    2953

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Untangle the static line from the sender float. 
    That would help.
    Matt
    Frostburg, MD

Still Plays With Toys awildermode's Avatar

Is there an easy way to adjust when the fuel light comes on?

I have filled my tank twice since the install. My fill ups have been 12.93 and 12.46 gallons. If the tank is suppose to hold 13.2 gallons, that only leaves about 3-5% fuel in the tank. I would like it to be more in the 10-15% area or at least a gallon left in the tank before the light goes on.

My VIN:    5180

Quote Originally Posted by awildermode View Post
    Is there an easy way to adjust when the fuel light comes on?

I have filled my tank twice since the install. My fill ups have been 12.93 and 12.46 gallons. If the tank is suppose to hold 13.2 gallons, that only leaves about 3-5% fuel in the tank. I would like it to be more in the 10-15% area or at least a gallon left in the tank before the light goes on.
    I don't know if the there is an adjustment trim pot or not. Those numbers are cutting it close to the margin. 13.2 is the published number I don't know if includes MAX filling up the filler tube ( which your not supposed to do) But I always do. That's how I know where true FULL really is. BTW I only do that when I'm planning on driving several miles to burn it down before parking. Pump nozzles can range quite a bit if you base fuel level on the first click.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    I don't know if the there is an adjustment trim pot or not. .
    Bend the float arm. Of course this will change the gauge calibration a bit too, but if you want to fool yourself that the tank is emtpy when it isn't, go for it. (Kind of like setting your watch 5 minutes fast IMO, if you know it's fast what's the point?).
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Bend the float arm. Of course this will change the gauge calibration a bit too, but if you want to fool yourself that the tank is emtpy when it isn't, go for it. (Kind of like setting your watch 5 minutes fast IMO, if you know it's fast what's the point?).
    I think the point being made is for a better indication of when the tank is LOW on Fuel, not when it is EMPTY. Low on fuel implies a reserve (at least a gallon),
    while EMPTY implies the tank is empty or very near empty (much less than a gallon). Given the history of the previous incarnations of the DMC fuel sensor,
    when the FUEL light goes on, there could be anywhere from fumes to a few gallons left, so a new "standard" may be deemed suspect until proven consistent.

However, I would also agree that when the needle is on E, the tank should be at or near Empty (not quite the same as a Low Fuel Warning Light).
    Last edited by Rich W; 06-24-2013 at 05:09 PM. Reason: added "Needle on E" clarification

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

I got mine low enough for the light to come on today, for the first time since I installed the kit. I really think the tank is just about empty already when the light comes on. I've never run the trip odometer so far before - I normally got gas around 150 miles to be safe, I'm just crossing 310 now.

I did notice (or was it my imagination?) a little sputter/buck feeling just as I was getting home. Wonder if the tank might be a little *too* low. Next stop, gas station.

Overall, so far so good with this kit. Very pleased.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast