FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Integrated pump sender combo!

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

So for the second time since I put the new combo in, I started getting low on fuel and noticed the car doing the buck/shudder dance that I was used to with a collapsing pickup hose. Today the gauge showed about 1/8th tank, I got on the freeway, it started shuddering under heavy load, and then the fuel light came on immediately. If I go a little easier on the throttle it was OK. I assume it was sucking air.

Anything I can do to solve this? Did I do something wrong somewhere? It works flawlessly otherwise, this is the only issue I've seen.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    3757

Quote Originally Posted by DeloreanJoshQ View Post
    I read the instructions 3 times and didn't get it. Hopefully for future purchasers, DMC adds a detailed photo and instructions on the clamp install....

Back in I go....
    The pic WAS from the instructions I got with it... hummmmmmmmm

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by DeloreanJoshQ View Post
    Yep, I fell into the same trap. I even called Dave Swingle after seeing the post above and still didn't learn...then I made a video on top of that (which I have since deleted, have to re-do)......hopefully it helped raise awareness.....

I read the instructions 3 times and didn't get it. Hopefully for future purchasers, DMC adds a detailed photo and instructions on the clamp install....

Back in I go....
    I do appreciate you making a video. It takes alot of effort to put one together and take the time to upload it!

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    2953

We need more videos like this.
    Matt
    Frostburg, MD

Young Padawan With The DeLorean kings1527's Avatar

My VIN:    6575

I didn't get to see the video, Josh. Hopefully you put it back up. I'm working on a write-up on my installation experience right now.

Alex Abdalla

Late 1981, Grey 5-speed, 75k miles. Built 11/11/81

A stock-look with modern, reliable technology.

A full restoration with step-by-step "what I did" is in progress at www.delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com

Post Updated Fuel Pump Video on Youtube

Version 2 of the fuel pump/sender install with all of the corrections made:

http://youtu.be/W2vaigaomog

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Highly recommended unit - can't say enough good things about it! Mine was sourced from Dave and Julee at DMC-Midwest, my preferred vendor

P1010067.jpg

My VIN:    5628

Like it

This set up looks great!

My VIN:    Formerly 0774, Formerly 3165 twice

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

The overall reviews seem to be pretty positive. I'm going to call DMCH tomorrow and place an order for this. Now that they've been out for a while has anyone had any serious issues? Has anyone needed to put the old setup back in? I'm not a big fan of modifying things from stock. But my pump/boot area has been a constant problem area for the last few years.
    Chris Piazza
    1GR8STRY
    Owner of 3165 by default

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by DMC3165 View Post
    The overall reviews seem to be pretty positive. I'm going to call DMCH tomorrow and place an order for this. Now that they've been out for a while has anyone had any serious issues? Has anyone needed to put the old setup back in? I'm not a big fan of modifying things from stock. But my pump/boot area has been a constant problem area for the last few years.
    The only functionality problems that have been reported with the unit itself have been with the pump's internal check valve failing after a relatively short period of time/use. To remedy this, DMCH now ships the unit with an included external inline check valve that you install inline on the included rubber hose that connects the pump's feed line to the car's steel feed line. There are also a few reports that the electrical connector that plugs into the pump doesn't 'lock' on as it should. They suggest repositioning and oiling the rubber gasket in the connector, however, if that doesn't work, you can always use a zip tie, electrical tape, etc to hold the plug/connector together.

Other than that, the only other known/wide-spread issue is that it's an extremely tight fit reinstalling the access panel once you have the pump properly installed, but it is possible.

Enjoy the new unit - it really is a nice product

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast