Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 165

Thread: NEW Integrated pump sender combo!

  1. #11
    01974
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fairbanks, Alaska

    Posts:    45

    My VIN:    01974

    What's the main reasons to getting the new fuel sender unit? I'm out of the loop on this one

  2. #12
    Senior Member 82DMC12's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Overland Park, KS

    Posts:    639

    My VIN:    11596

    Quote Originally Posted by living_the_dream View Post
    What's the main reasons to getting the new fuel sender unit? I'm out of the loop on this one
    I'm not sure that many people will swap out functioning pumps and senders for this, but if you are doing a total tank service it sure is a nice way to go.

    I hope to get this car started this weekend, Monday at the latest. But without good brakes I won't be going far. I'm most interested in how well the sender works.

    Andy
    VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!

    -5MT-Stage 1 w/custom Magnaflow muffler-Tinnerstedt steering linkage-Marty Maier shocks-K&N filter-PJ Grady front lowering springs-Michelin Pilots-Centerforce clutch-Alpine CDE-HD137BT-Monitor1 and JL Audio amps-Kicker S8L7-Boston Acoustics-Ample Audio

    http://www.soundcloud.com/lienan82

    Was Fargo, ND
    Now Olathe, KS

  3. #13
    Senior Member Bitsyncmaster's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Leonardtown, MD

    Posts:    6,578

    My VIN:    03572

    I'm waiting to see if it stops that pump buzz when the gas gets hot.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

  4. #14
    LS1 DMC Nicholas R's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Orlando, Florida

    Posts:    2,484

    My VIN:    01643

    Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

    Are there any available pressure or volume specs available? Like I remember reading in the past that the stock pump was capable of something like 75psi at 29gph (I believe). Is this the same or has int increased. Just wondering if it's increased. I'm sure it's possible. This pump for instance is capable of 43gph at 85psi: http://www.speedwaymotors.com/MSD-In...isplayId=41792

  5. #15
    Senior Member 82DMC12's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Overland Park, KS

    Posts:    639

    My VIN:    11596

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Are there any available pressure or volume specs available? Like I remember reading in the past that the stock pump was capable of something like 75psi at 29gph (I believe). Is this the same or has int increased. Just wondering if it's increased. I'm sure it's possible. This pump for instance is capable of 43gph at 85psi: http://www.speedwaymotors.com/MSD-In...isplayId=41792
    Since the inlet and outlet hoses are the same size I don't think the volume pumped could change without an increase in PSI. You would have to measure pressure before the distributor because the primary pressure regulator will keep it at 5.2 bar from then on. The rest gets sent back to the tank. I will see if I can measure this but not sure if I have the right fittings for my CIS tester to check before the distributor.
    VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!

    -5MT-Stage 1 w/custom Magnaflow muffler-Tinnerstedt steering linkage-Marty Maier shocks-K&N filter-PJ Grady front lowering springs-Michelin Pilots-Centerforce clutch-Alpine CDE-HD137BT-Monitor1 and JL Audio amps-Kicker S8L7-Boston Acoustics-Ample Audio

    http://www.soundcloud.com/lienan82

    Was Fargo, ND
    Now Olathe, KS

  6. #16
    Member dmcpom's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  austrailia

    Posts:    55

    My VIN:    6600

    Just a quick question off the phone so Iv not read the complete thread but if the pump fails I'n this unit is it replaceable or is it a complete new unit again ??

  7. #17
    DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Crystal Lake IL

    Posts:    5,016

    My VIN:    05429

    Quote Originally Posted by dmcpom View Post
    Just a quick question off the phone so Iv not read the complete thread but if the pump fails I'n this unit is it replaceable or is it a complete new unit again ??
    Whole unit. This is how that style is always sold (it's a special-purpose modified GM design).
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    dswingle@DeLorean.com

  8. #18
    Not a DeLorean Guru
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Rochester, NY

    Posts:    1,837

    My VIN:    01049

    Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Whole unit. This is how that style is always sold (it's a special-purpose modified GM design).
    Ah, so it IS GM! I thought it looked awfully familiar!
    -Mike
    1981 DeLorean, heads/cams/exhaust, EFI
    1999 Corvette, heads/cam/exhaust, 440 BHP
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

  9. #19
    President, DeLorean Industries
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  CLE/PHX

    Posts:    2,252

    My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

    Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    Ah, so it IS GM! I thought it looked awfully familiar!
    I give it three months before Hervey has this reverse engineered.

  10. #20
    Senior Member 82DMC12's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Overland Park, KS

    Posts:    639

    My VIN:    11596

    Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    I give it three months before Hervey has this reverse engineered.
    I doubt it. He's so pissed off it exists he will just badmouth it for the next 5 years.
    VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!

    -5MT-Stage 1 w/custom Magnaflow muffler-Tinnerstedt steering linkage-Marty Maier shocks-K&N filter-PJ Grady front lowering springs-Michelin Pilots-Centerforce clutch-Alpine CDE-HD137BT-Monitor1 and JL Audio amps-Kicker S8L7-Boston Acoustics-Ample Audio

    http://www.soundcloud.com/lienan82

    Was Fargo, ND
    Now Olathe, KS

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •