FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Driving with out passenger door

Driving with out passenger door

Is it illegal to drive my delorean without the passenger door in California???

My VIN:    3944

Mirror, mirror on the door...

You should be fine, just as long as it is only the passenger side.

California Vehicle Code:
    Mirrors

26709. (a) Every motor vehicle registered in a foreign jurisdiction and every motorcycle subject to registration in this state shall be equipped with a mirror so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway for a distance of at least 200 feet to the rear of such vehicle.

Every motor vehicle subject to registration in this state, except a motorcycle, shall be equipped with not less than two such mirrors, including one affixed to the left-hand side.

(b) The following described types of motor vehicles, of a type subject to registration, shall be equipped with mirrors on both the left-and right-hand sides of the vehicle so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway through each mirror for a distance of at least 200 feet to the rear of such vehicle:

(1) A motor vehicle so constructed or loaded as to obstruct the driver's view to the rear.

(2) A motor vehicle towing a vehicle and the towed vehicle or load thereon obstructs the driver's view to the rear.

(3) A bus or trolley coach.

(c) The provisions of subdivision (b) shall not apply to a passenger vehicle when the load obstructing the driver's view consists of passengers.
    David, Companion of 3944: 1981, Stage II engine, manual transmission, black interior, lined hood with no gas flap.

Trying to make a live action version of that "American Dad" episode?

My VIN:    3944

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    Trying to make a live action version of that "American Dad" episode?
    I was thinking the same thing, lol.
    David, Companion of 3944: 1981, Stage II engine, manual transmission, black interior, lined hood with no gas flap.

[QUOTE=thirdmanj;54147]Trying to make a live action version of that "American Dad" episode??

Haha that s is awesome, I will tell my Dad once he calms down from pitching a fit over a broken bolt on the passenger side from attempting to fix the door droop.