FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Site "Unsafe" again...

Quietly enjoying ownership Cory W's Avatar

My VIN:    4692

Site "Unsafe" again...

At least that's what I'm being told.

dmctalk.org contains content from mavmor.in, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
    Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.
    We have already notified mavmor.in that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on mavmor.in, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.

Anyone else getting it? How does this happen? Who's putting stuff up from a malicious site?

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Cory W View Post
    At least that's what I'm being told.
    Anyone else getting it? How does this happen? Who's putting stuff up from a malicious site?
    mike said he saw the message this morning but I've tried it on safari, FF and ie and have yet to get his message.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

My VIN:    802

Club(s):   (DMA)

I got a message this morning from Avast, wouldn't even let me connect to the site.

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    mike said he saw the message this morning but I've tried it on safari, FF and ie and have yet to get his message.
    I'm using Safari and I get this message each time I click on a page:
    DMCtalk warning.jpg
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    6679

Yep, as of tonight (Friday 4th May) my Mac is suddenly popping up two warnings I must click through for every single link I click on dmctalk.org - I have NO virus checking or other security software, pure stock standard Mac OSX and Safari.
    Chris

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

The malicious iframe has returned. It's present on every page, just like last time.

Someone needs to go in and remove the offending code from the footer template and/or the javascript files that power vbulletin. That'll band-aid the problem until someone can install a proper fix.

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    If you have link checking disabled, you'll never see the message in your browser. The actual problem on the server still exists, though.
    Last edited by ccurzio; 05-04-2012 at 10:44 AM.

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I'm getting it on IE 9 as well. Every link I click pops up a warning message that an "Unauthorized URL is detected."

Cheers.
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Cory W View Post
    Who's putting stuff up from a malicious site?
    I blame Bill. ;-) Just kidding.

FWIW, Avast wouldn't let me connect this morning from my Windows machine, but I can use the site in FF from my Linux-based laptop with no problems.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

DeLorean Historian / Administrator Tamir A.'s Avatar

My VIN:    11474

Took care of this, and figuring out ways to avoid again in the future. Sorry for worrying anyone, but site was and still is safe.

T.
    Fan of all things DeLorean!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tamir A. View Post
    Took care of this, and figuring out ways to avoid again in the future. Sorry for worrying anyone, but site was and still is safe.

T.
    I do find it amazing and assuring that this is one of the few sites, much less pages, to be found on the net that does not run or require a viewer to run a myriad of scripts period. Whomever owns the forum and calls the shots should be commended for that.

I know of several pages and bulletin boards that attempt to run more than a half of a dozen various scripts and have seemingly sold themselves to the double agents at google and a few other data miners/trackers/etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast