Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: GCD Tech Day

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    In other news, did you still want me to wire up your rear parcel shelf trim piece with LED lights like I did mine? I think you mentioned you might want me to do that once upon a time. I am going to make an order from Superbright before too long; I can order the necessary parts to do that job if you are still interested.
    Does it take a lot of work to do the cargo bay? I was thinking about just installing footwell lights under the glovebox and steering column, and maybe some trunk and engine bay mods. I hear you can get the stuff really cheap on eBay.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Does it take a lot of work to do the cargo bay?
    Not really; it just takes a long time to measure the wires and solder everything together, then affix it to the trim piece and put the appropriate connectors on. I did it in the course of an evening, then installed it the next day, so I can't tell you exactly how many hours I spent on it. I know it did eat up a bunch of time, though.

My trunk lighting, by contrast, took about three minutes to install.

Farrar
    What you've just read was carefully composed by an infinite number of monkeys using DeScribe under OS/2 Warp 4.
    DeLorean status: engine replacement in progress.
    HIRE MY VOICE and get my DeLorean back on the road!

Banned

Not really; it just takes a long time to measure the wires and solder everything together, then affix it to the trim piece and put the appropriate connectors on. I did it in the course of an evening, then installed it the next day, so I can't tell you exactly how many hours I spent on it. I know it did eat up a bunch of time, though.

My trunk lighting, by contrast, took about three minutes to install.

Farrar
    The cargo lights sound good but if its going to take a lot of time I'll pass on it. What I really want to do is the front footwell lights and some engine/trunk lighting. If you want to hook me up and include that in your order that would be great and I can pay you back next time we get together.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

The cargo lights sound good but if its going to take a lot of time I'll pass on it.
    Well, that's why I was going to do the work for you -- all I need is to borrow that trim piece from you, make the changes, and give it back. Minimum effort on your part.

What I really want to do is the front footwell lights and some engine/trunk lighting. If you want to hook me up and include that in your order that would be great and I can pay you back next time we get together.
    All right, I will let you know when I am ready to place another order.

Farrar
    What you've just read was carefully composed by an infinite number of monkeys using DeScribe under OS/2 Warp 4.
    DeLorean status: engine replacement in progress.
    HIRE MY VOICE and get my DeLorean back on the road!

Banned

Well, that's why I was going to do the work for you -- all I need is to borrow that trim piece from you, make the changes, and give it back. Minimum effort on your part.

All right, I will let you know when I am ready to place another order.

Farrar
    Ok, you win. Hook me up with some trim lights.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4