FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: GCD Tech Day

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

I haven't got in touch with Fred this evening and it's getting a bit late to try, so here's what I figure:

Brian and I are going to meet at my place around 8:45, and then connect with Steve by 61 and 310 at 9:00. I will put the address for Laurel Valley Plantation in my GPS and go from there. According to Google Maps, it's about an hour away from where Steve, Brian, and I will get together.

Brian's not bringing his DeLorean and neither am I, so it looks like it'll be just two DeLoreans at the cruise-in ... unless Fred drives his Studebaker, in which case Steve's will be the only DeLorean present.

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Brian's not bringing his DeLorean and neither am I, so it looks like it'll be just two DeLoreans at the cruise-in ... unless Fred drives his Studebaker, in which case Steve's will be the only DeLorean present.
    That sucks that you two aren't driving stainless. If you want I can make some Saturday visits for you guys to help with AC work and TAB work.

On another note, I do need to replace my steering column bushing. Maybe we can work on that tomorrow if Fred's TABs don't take took long.

Club(s):   (GCD)

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    That sucks that you two aren't driving stainless. If you want I can make some Saturday visits for you guys to help with AC work and TAB work.

On another note, I do need to replace my steering column bushing. Maybe we can work on that tomorrow if Fred's TABs don't take took long.
    Steve, do you have the soft bushing that you can split, or the hardened version?

Banned

I'm not sure what I have. I ordered it from DMCMW about a week ago. I think Dave said something about being able to push this bushings in with just my hand.

I used the "cut and cram" method on Houston's soft steering column bushing and mine fell out a week later. I've just decided that constant rattling it part of Living The Dream.

I'm bringing my camera to the cruise-in/tech day.

Farrar

Pics from today's cruise-in and tech session

Here are some pics from today! First, the cruise-in with Fred's and Steve's DeLoreans...

SANY0747.jpgSANY0765.jpgSANY0762.jpg

Then, the tech session afterward...

SANY0812.jpgSANY0820.jpgSANY0823.jpgSANY0806.jpgSANY0809.jpgSANY0811.jpg

As you can see, Fred's trailing arm bolts are in superb condition.

SANY0825.jpgSANY0824.jpg

And a great deal of fun was had by all. Thanks again!

Farrar

My VIN:    5306

Club(s):   (GCD)

great pics, farrar. it's always a good time when we're working on D's. thanks for all the help. let's get that a/c done on yours.

fred

Steve, how's your battery? Did you get that all sorted out?

Farrar

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Steve, how's your battery? Did you get that all sorted out?

Farrar
    I managed to drive around on the old batter without any problems until I left work Monday evening. The car started fine but I noticed the volt gauge was not moving. It sat around 8-10 volts and would not move up when I would rev the engine.

I immediatly suspected the alternator so I went straight to Autozone for a test. They hooked up their tester and it immediately reported the battery as bad. I replaced the batter with a 78-DL (Gold) from Autozone and am now back in business.

I had been thinking about replacing the battery since I got the car but a test at Oreilly's about 18 months ago said my battery was good. I found it funny how it took Oreilly's machine 30 minutes to run a test (it actually charged the battery and then tested) whereas it took about 30 seconds for Autozone's machine to test the battery.

Anyway, the car is working great again and I have a battery with a 8 year warranty. They will swap the battery for free if it fails in the first 3 years and after that it is prorated.

Cool, glad you got that sorted out.

In other news, did you still want me to wire up your rear parcel shelf trim piece with LED lights like I did mine? I think you mentioned you might want me to do that once upon a time. I am going to make an order from Superbright before too long; I can order the necessary parts to do that job if you are still interested.

Farrar

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast