FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: GCD Tech Day

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    In other news, did you still want me to wire up your rear parcel shelf trim piece with LED lights like I did mine? I think you mentioned you might want me to do that once upon a time. I am going to make an order from Superbright before too long; I can order the necessary parts to do that job if you are still interested.
    Does it take a lot of work to do the cargo bay? I was thinking about just installing footwell lights under the glovebox and steering column, and maybe some trunk and engine bay mods. I hear you can get the stuff really cheap on eBay.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Does it take a lot of work to do the cargo bay?
    Not really; it just takes a long time to measure the wires and solder everything together, then affix it to the trim piece and put the appropriate connectors on. I did it in the course of an evening, then installed it the next day, so I can't tell you exactly how many hours I spent on it. I know it did eat up a bunch of time, though.

My trunk lighting, by contrast, took about three minutes to install.

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Banned

Not really; it just takes a long time to measure the wires and solder everything together, then affix it to the trim piece and put the appropriate connectors on. I did it in the course of an evening, then installed it the next day, so I can't tell you exactly how many hours I spent on it. I know it did eat up a bunch of time, though.

My trunk lighting, by contrast, took about three minutes to install.

Farrar
    The cargo lights sound good but if its going to take a lot of time I'll pass on it. What I really want to do is the front footwell lights and some engine/trunk lighting. If you want to hook me up and include that in your order that would be great and I can pay you back next time we get together.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

The cargo lights sound good but if its going to take a lot of time I'll pass on it.
    Well, that's why I was going to do the work for you -- all I need is to borrow that trim piece from you, make the changes, and give it back. Minimum effort on your part.

What I really want to do is the front footwell lights and some engine/trunk lighting. If you want to hook me up and include that in your order that would be great and I can pay you back next time we get together.
    All right, I will let you know when I am ready to place another order.

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Banned

Well, that's why I was going to do the work for you -- all I need is to borrow that trim piece from you, make the changes, and give it back. Minimum effort on your part.

All right, I will let you know when I am ready to place another order.

Farrar
    Ok, you win. Hook me up with some trim lights.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4