I had never given that any thought although I generally have not been known to build on any of my street vehicles with the express intentions of crashing them. I realized this is true because none of them are adorned with exterior full roll cages, head-ache racks, schedule 200 water pipe bumpers or even feather pillows bungied or duct taped to them!!!

Years ago, I did build a motorcycle with a full roll cage so falling over repeatedly was really no problem. Perfect for the clumsy or drunk types.

all in good fun.... so..... if by some freakish chance it proves truly impossible, I could always have the local high school kids make some fine fiberglass custom units.

Quote Originally Posted by tc connors View Post
Although stainless steel bumper covers certainly would look cool, they would undeniably be impractical as they would be easily damaged and more difficult to repair.

Also, the inability of a stainless cover to flex increases the chance that a bumper impact would damage the stainless fenders or rear quarter panels.

There are stainless colored paints on the market, but I'm not aware that anyone has achieved satisfying results by using one on the stock covers.