FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Spent the last 4 months putting a Chevy LS1 engine into my DeLorean, now it runs!

My VIN:    05141

Fantastic!!!

If DMC offered this conversion, I'm seriously interested as I cannot do this myself.

Jan

Steering with power

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I have been wondering if you have any concern that this arrangement might starve the engine of air slightly (though even if it was 20% down in HP, it would still be plenty in this application).

I'm thinking that in it's normal environment at the front of a car, there is plenty of air swirling around under the hood but in the D, the engine air is just coming in through the small louvres in the wings. Of course, this engine volume is 2x what the PRV is, and it suffices with just one side, so maybe it is a moot point.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    I have been wondering if you have any concern that this arrangement might starve the engine of air slightly (though even if it was 20% down in HP, it would still be plenty in this application).

I'm thinking that in it's normal environment at the front of a car, there is plenty of air swirling around under the hood but in the D, the engine air is just coming in through the small louvres in the wings. Of course, this engine volume is 2x what the PRV is, and it suffices with just one side, so maybe it is a moot point.
    I thought it was two, one in each pontoon.
    1-800-273-8255

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

yes, Nick's does have two intakes and a PRV has just 1. His engine volume is about twice what the PRV is too, so that makes sense, but his HP is maybe 3x or 4x (I'm not sure exactly).

I'm just wondering if those rear wing angled air intakes can provide enough air for an engine that is normally front mounted, without de-rating the HP somewhat.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    yes, Nick's does have two intakes and a PRV has just 1. His engine volume is about twice what the PRV is too, so that makes sense, but his HP is maybe 3x or 4x (I'm not sure exactly).

I'm just wondering if those rear wing angled air intakes can provide enough air for an engine that is normally front mounted, without de-rating the HP somewhat.
    I bet if he put those scoops on the intakes it'd help......and look bad ass.
    1-800-273-8255

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    I bet if he put those scoops on the intakes it'd help......and look bad ass.
    That is absolutely on my list. I just need to figure out how. I would like them to be black plastic. I've looked at trying to replace the existing vents with an entire scoop assembly but after seeing how everything fits together, I dont think that's feasible. Anyone know how the people that have scoops hold them in place? Does the 3M trim tape hold them?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    That is absolutely on my list. I just need to figure out how. I would like them to be black plastic. I've looked at trying to replace the existing vents with an entire scoop assembly but after seeing how everything fits together, I dont think that's feasible. Anyone know how the people that have scoops hold them in place? Does the 3M trim tape hold them?
    To my knowledge, yes, they were attached with 3m tape.
    1-800-273-8255

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

air scoops

I made some stainless scoops to go on both sides. They are held on with a tab that extends between the bumper and the quarter panel. I did drill one discreet hole through the original scoop and made a bracket that spans the side window. Just one bolt holds it securely at any speed for the last 20 years. Sorry no photos.....Nick?

Paul Cerny #2691
    Kalispell, MT
    37 pound SS spoiler

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15