FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Spent the last 4 months putting a Chevy LS1 engine into my DeLorean, now it runs!

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

I heard that and I was like " is there a muscle car nearby?". Then I realized it was your Delorean!

Nice job Nicholas! Need the extra umph to get up those Ohio hills. lol I used to live in WV, I know how it is.

Just keep it in reasonable speed for the highway patrol. lol
    Last edited by Chris Burns; 05-07-2012 at 03:45 PM.

My VIN:    4656

Great work!

Banned

WTH do you mean coming on here posting this stuff without the tach working and no fiery burnouts?!?!?!

Congrats young man, you should be proud, your folks should be proud and I hope your professor appreciates your work.

Excellent, if you were closer I'd enjoy giving you a hand with the loose ends.

PS... there are less than 10,000 DeLoreans and slightly fewer with LS-1's. Neighbors are a dime a dozen, stomp it hard next time!

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Whoa. That was cool.

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

This is far better than anything houston has ever done. I'm still in shock. Wow. Have you gotten to do much driving on that transmission yet? This is the type of fuel injection I would want. Amazing.

400 freaking horspower? There is no way that little transmisison is going to handle that. Have you upgraded your brakes/suspension to handle this?

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    This is the type of fuel injection I would want. Amazing.
    I really expected you to tell him to put a Ford carburetor from the 1960s on it.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Nicholas,

Great work !! You need to bring this to the Woodward Dream Cruise 2012. Folks in the Detroit area like DeLoreans
    (JZD was a hometown boy that made it big) and there are thousands of gear-heads at Woodward every year, and
    they would love to see and hear this combination, running next to some Vettes, Cobras and of course, GTO's.

We plan to have another big showing of DeLoreans at the Bloomfield Hills Mercedes Benz Dealership lot this year.

More details to follow.

Later,
    Rich W.

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    This is far better than anything houston has ever done. I'm still in shock. Wow. Have you gotten to do much driving on that transmission yet? This is the type of fuel injection I would want. Amazing.

400 freaking horspower? There is no way that little transmisison is going to handle that. Have you upgraded your brakes/suspension to handle this?
    400? The LS1 stock is 350. I may have missed him mentioning any mods to it. I'd be worried about the transmission too, but for all we know it may come out fine.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    I have accepted the fact that if I get stupid, it would likely be possible for me to break something inside.
    I didn't know your model year came out with spunky ambition AND good sense...Just kidding!

Excellent!

Very interesting project.

Your signature indicates VIN 1643, but would you confirm 1643 is the car you're putting the LS-1 in? Seems like a dumb question, but I want to update our database and I want to be sure I have the VIN right. Thanks.

Thomas

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast