FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Would you be able to look at this Delorean for me

Would you be able to look at this Delorean for me

I am new to the group and was looking for someone knowledgable to look at a 1981 Delorean in the Tampa BAy area. I would pay something for your time and gas and such. I really want to get one but want to be sure I don't get someones problems.
    Please PM me
    Thanks
    LArry

I'm sure you will get an answer very soon.

Mean time, just make sure you stay away from that Tennessee car with blue bumpers!

Question

Still no one replied......Anyone available in the Tampa Bay Florida area that knows Deloreans (especially mechanically) that could look at one for me?
    Thanks
    Larry

My VIN:    1150

Club(s):   (DCF)

I'm over 200 miles away from Tampa, and not much of a mechanic so I can't help you myself, but do you know the VIN number of the car and/or the name of the seller? Because if you do, I would suggest calling up DMC Florida to ask if THEY know anything helpful about the service history of that particular car, since it's quite likely that the owner will have probably been in contact with them regarding parts and/or service at one time or another, and if you buy one here in Florida, you will certainly be getting to know them yourself too...

My VIN:    3004

I would love to help, but just over 100 miles away. However, I have family in Lakeland. I'll be in Lakeland for Mother's Day. I could break away for an hour or two, but Mapquest still says it could be 40 minute drive. Although I've worked on my car for the last 7 years I'm still no mechanic but I could certainly help if needed. If the car is available, and if you want, maybe we can swing something.

Only A Gibson Is Good Enough DeLorean937's Avatar

My VIN:    5712 - Ace Frehley's DMC

Thanks Dan for the forward. I live in Sarasota about 45 min depending on where in Tampa it is. I don't mind going ill PM and provide pics if youd like. Let me know,

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean937 View Post
    Thanks Dan for the forward. I live in Sarasota about 45 min depending on where in Tampa it is. I don't mind going ill PM and provide pics if youd like. Let me know,

-Rob
    Thanks Rob...
    PM sent just in case