FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Cup Holder Options?

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Has it held any Diet Cheerwine lately?
    Bill offered, but I felt that he had done enough for me already, and declined to take it. If we're all ever in NC, we can get some Cheerwine Floats from that fast food place...

My VIN:    3997

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Here is what I came up with. I painted it the same color as the fascia.

Jim
    Did you build that one yourself?
    Living The Dream Since 2005 - VIN#3997

My VIN:    1569

Club(s):   (DOI)

Here's mine,
    This holds two 500ml coke bottles fine which is the standard size in Ireland. Its made from polished 304SS (1.5mm) and held on with velcro if I need to get to the coin tray.
    Attached Images

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Here is what I came up with. I painted it the same color as the fascia.

Jim
    Will it hold regular pop cans, bottles, and any fastfood cups?
    How did you make it?
    Looks great!

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    Here's mine,
    This holds two 500ml coke bottles fine which is the standard size in Ireland. Its made from polished 304SS (1.5mm) and held on with velcro if I need to get to the coin tray.
    I want one!!!!

Below is an idea of what I have in mind that would go into the passenger kneepad close to the center console. However, the coin tray isn't necessary.
    I like the idea that it pops out when needed and also should match with the rest of the interior with the black trim.
    To pull it off I would have to find a way to attach it firmly to the back of the kneepad....
    I realize alot of people would not do this option, but if I think it could pass as a stock option I will try it...my wife and I are tired of spilling drinks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/IN-DA...item588eb86211

My VIN:    06357

This is what I have. Not in the way, doesn't stand out, and doesnt affect the look of the car. And not expensive !

One on each side.

Just great
    Attached Images

My VIN:    3937

Drinkholders

Here's what I've got. Originally from Dave and Julee in about 2007 or 2008. I think at the time you could have got them from www.drinkholders.com but I'm pretty sure that doesn't exist anymore. Not sure where you'd find them now.

They work pretty well and more or less are out of the way, yet right where you need them when you go to reach for your drink (as I think the coin tray ideas are difficult to always be reaching backwards). They are a bit in the way for the knee of the passenger... but hey, so what, I don't sit in that seat

I'm happy with them and the only thing that would make me less than 100% happy with them is that they don't seem to grab on to the bracket underneath the console cover plate very well and are noticeably loose. I've never had it dump over, but I woudn't want to test that theory too much.

Drinkholders 2.jpgDrinkholders 1.jpg

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    3816

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    They are a bit in the way for the knee of the passenger... but hey, so what, I don't sit in that seat
    The good news is that if you're lucky, by the time they get comfortable with that flux capacitor in the footwell, they won't even notice the cup holders are in the way

My VIN:    16655

My RX-7 convertible has the same holder as MartyP has screwed into the driver's side door panel- it has worked quite well and will even (though it's pushing it...) hold a Sonic Route-44 cup.

I have a plastic cup holder/coin tray with two cup spots (cup-coin-cup) that wedges between the passenger seat and the center console. Isn't very useful when I have a passenger in the car, but when I'm driving it by myself (most of the time at the moment) it works pretty well. I think I got it at Big Lots for like $5- it's pretty similar to this from Autozone.

When I have a passenger in the car- they get to be my cup holder. :P

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast